tour pack- trunk - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: tour pack- trunk

I have changed mine to the shorty in the past but the reception is terrible. Its bad enough with the stock anything shorter is not going to pick up much at all and it didn't. stuck with original. LOL

I use the PakRest .............https://pakrest.com/
    It's portable and great quality........does NOT fit a helmet thought.
    Matty D

2011 Kawaski Concours
    2008 Honda NT

I thought maybe I should show what I wound up doing for a trunk on my F6BD. I initially bought a cheap, used tour pack on eBay ($40) from an older Ultra Classic. I wanted to test my idea on a cheap case before drilling holes in an expensive one. My idea was to utilize a sandwiched plate system to redirect the forces from horizontal - to vertical - so that the plastic bottom of the case wouldn't be the stressed member, but instead, the energy would be transferred to the plates, which would then direct the forces down into the mounting holes on the bike. Once I tested it all, and verified that it worked with significant weight with minimal deflection or flex, I bought a new King Tour Pack for one of the newer Rushmore HD touring bikes on eBay. It's one of the biggest touring trunks you can get - which is exactly what I wanted. I use my bike every single day, all winter, in 19-degree F temps. Daily work commuting, grocery shopping, Walmart trips - everything. I just ordered all the turn, running and stop LED lights for it, and will also relocate the stock F6B radio antenna with a HD replacement antenna to the HD antenna bosses located at the rear of the new trunk. I chose to get a trunk without a backrest because I am planning on building an open cubicle for a puppy to ride with me. Yeah, I wanna get a dog and train him to ride with me wherever I go!

I hope that all makes sense, and that you guys get the idea with the pictures. Just wanted to share an idea in case it helps someone else on here.

BLESSINGS!
    Sam
    20210104_213027.jpg20210104_213040.jpg20210104_213050.jpg20210104_213211.jpg

Looks good. I followed the same "sandwich" philosophy when mounting mine, utilized the HD pack lights, but went a little farther with the actual mount. Instead of utilizing all thread like is common for this type of project, I located some steel tubing and cut to length for added rigidity. Half of my pack is used for audio and I am considering acquiring a larger pack for travel. My next step is fabbing a mount using the HD dock so I can easily switch between the various packs.

IMG_5677.jpgIMG_E5526.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images