tour pack- trunk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tour pack- trunk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So everybody knows who "Dale" is but me!

I've Goggled every combination I can think of (Dale's racks, Dales's Luggage rack, Dale's F6B racks, etc.) and can't find anything.

Share?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    So everybody knows who "Dale" is but me!

I've Goggled every combination I can think of (Dale's racks, Dales's Luggage rack, Dale's F6B racks, etc.) and can't find anything.

Share?
    Looks like a brand new Dales rack is for sale in the classified here.

Quick release Harley tour pack mount and rack when pack is off bike. I have interest locally for rack and quick detach bracket then you could buy your own box....razor chopped or tour size....image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    Quick release Harley tour pack mount and rack when pack is off bike. I have interest locally for rack and quick detach bracket then you could buy your own box....razor chopped or tour size....image.jpg
    That is cool. What are the notches on the end of the bars for (tie down straps) ?

Quick release Harley tour pack mount and rack when pack is off bike. I have interest locally for rack and quick detach bracket then you could buy your own box....razor chopped or tour size....image.jpgimage.jpg
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail

Still have this

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    Quick release Harley tour pack mount and rack when pack is off bike. I have interest locally for rack and quick detach bracket then you could buy your own box....razor chopped or tour size....image.jpgimage.jpg
    Still have this and how much

Here is my install of a TCMT Chopped Tour Pack I bought on Amazon.

IMG_0741.jpgIMG_0742.jpgIMG_0743.jpgIMG_0744.jpgIMG_0745.jpg

1/4" Aluminum plate about 11" x 12". 1/2" hard rubber mat on top of the plate to raise trunk over the four bolts that hold the aluminum plate to the bike.
    Last edited by zeus661; 01-24-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

IMG_0767.jpgIMG_0769.jpgIMG_0765.jpgIMG_0764.jpg

Sorry for the pictures on their sides. The forum must have done that while uploading.

Inside the trunk is another aluminum plate 1/8" thick. I used button head bolt to hold the trunk to the plates. The aluminum plates and rubber mat were from Amazon also. The four bolts hold the 1/4" plate to the bike were 8mm and I ordered them from a bolt supplier online. I am not a fan of the black color and may have it painted later if it get scratched. Otherwise it is staying black. My whole reason for installing this was to make my wife more comfortable. I felt she sat too far back on the seat and I mounted the trunk and backrest forward about 2". We have not been on the road with this yet as I just install it over the holiday and its too cold to ride.
    Last edited by zeus661; 01-24-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I actually bought this one last week. Is not as expensive as the givi and it has plenty of space, but the most important feature, in my humble opinion, is that you don't have to pay extra for the base since it comes with it. I'm planning on having this painted to match the bike's color. for a $112.00 you can't beat that compared to almost $500.00 for a givi with the base. The only issue you may run into is the type of rack you have on your bike. If you have the OEM for the F6B you may have some issues but if you have a larger rack you will be fine. I have a friend of mine making me a larger rack based on the OEM.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    I actually bought this one last week. Is not as expensive as the givi and it has plenty of space, but the most important feature, in my humble opinion, is that you don't have to pay extra for the base since it comes with it. I'm planning on having this painted to match the bike's color. for a $112.00 you can't beat that compared to almost $500.00 for a givi with the base. The only issue you may run into is the type of rack you have on your bike. If you have the OEM for the F6B you may have some issues but if you have a larger rack you will be fine. I have a friend of mine making me a larger rack based on the OEM.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When you get this mounted, put a photo up so we can see it in action.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki