tour pack- trunk - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: tour pack- trunk

I like the short tour pack, and as usual we need to look at how the bike handles after installation. How does it ride comparted to no tour pack.

Some great looking trunks you folks have. GIVI makes near bullet proof cases in all sizes & shapes as do many others. I use a side GIVI pannier, I like it because it's a bit lower and a little more streamlined. Since I ride solo (G/F has her own bike) it works fine for me. I use the Twisted Throttle rack, mfg. by SW Motec from Germany, w/ the GIVI mount kit, on or off in under 5 seconds, (rack's drilled for it). I did get shorter mount spacers from ACE HW to lower the SW Motec rack a bit. There's loads of neat cases / trunks around. I seem some nice trunks made from name brand instrument cases, that really look great.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    I like the short tour pack, and as usual we need to look at how the bike handles after installation. How does it ride comparted to no tour pack.
    The tourpak is solid and you don't even know it's back there. I like the size of the Razor bag. I can easily throw my leather jacket, tee shirt, gloves,sun screen, spare shades, bug cleaner and a couple rags. I forgot to mention that I did buy an aftermarket lock assembly with two key positions. I wanted to be able to pull the key out in the locked and unlocked positions. The lock that came with the tourpak had one position "locked" that the key could be removed. It turned into a major pain. So I replaced with a high quality aftermarket lock.

NOTICE : Twisted Throttle has a sale coming up. One of the items is SW Motec's trunk. Click on SW Motec icon on the Twisted site...…. Just a word, SW Motec makes some really nice stuff, well designed, quality material & workmenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Then go with GIVI or SHAD for easy removal. Get the rack from Dale or the rack with GIVI hardware for the F6B from Twisted Throttle. SHAD sells a rack for their trunk that will attach with 4 bolts to a flat rack and it detaches like the GIVI. Don't know of any others for quick and easy removal.
    I purchased the GIVI hardware and the Twisted Throttle rack for the f6b. The instructions say to remove the OEM brackets, taking off the plastic on the tail end if replacing the existing rack. The holes line up with the OEM brackets and the Twisted Throttle rack. Is it necessary to replace the brackets? I am not sure how to get the plastic tail piece off. Since the holes line up and there are spacers, I'm not sure why the brackets need replacing. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have discovered that the bolts on the Twisted Throttle rack will not fit with the OEM brackets, as the diameter is smaller. Now I have to figure out how to take off the plastic in the back. Off to youtube. So I can't find out how to remove the plastic below the luggage rack. Anyone have instructions on how to do this?
    Last edited by STRaider; 09-27-2018 at 08:37 PM.

ST......

Sent you a PM with my cell. Give me a call and I'll run you through the installation.

Going to throw mine in here as well. This is a Kawasaki Nomad truck kit that was available from Kawasaki for awhile but is now discontinued. I paid dearly for this kit back when I had a Kawasaki Vaquero and wanted a trunk. After trading the Vaquero for the F6B I kept the trunk kit and made use of it. I had full intensions of painting the truck to match the blue but decided that if I ever sell the "B" I could sell the trunk kit and the black would go with any color bike, it even looks great on my blue. Can have this on or off the bike in less than 10 min.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I really like the looks of the tour pack on Jim W bike posted in May 2018. I looked them up and only thing that bothers me is on the one I was looking at on ebay the feedback reviews show hinge problems Is there a better grade in one brand vs another?

2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Could you post a pic of side view of bike and trunk? Thanks.