Specific question about an Ultimate seat

Thread: Specific question about an Ultimate seat

Specific question about an Ultimate seat

Is the Ultimate mid-rider seat for the F6B slightly narrower at the nose than a stock seat? I would like to have more of my foot planted on the ground at a stop and I could do that if the seat was narrower.

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Dave

One came on my used "13 B. I have nothing to compare it with as far was the width goes. I have a 30" inseam & I have no problem at stops. One foot or both feet, seated or standing, work fine for me. I have a Russell Day Long in transit and I 'll know in a week or two if my Ultimate will be for sale, I'm 90% sure it will be.. It has both back rest, it's black w/ a dark grey / silver accent. It's in like new condition. I'll be selling it at a fair price.

Im 5'3 and find the ultimate seat to provide me the ability the provide the "foot planting" i was looking for.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

big difference between Ultimates "mid rider" and "king". I had the Mid Rider and it was....not rideable. But many swear by the "king" version

I have the Ultimate Mid Rider, and it is not narrower at the front. However, the seat works great for me. I have not tried the Russel Seat, but have heard many great reports about them. No 2 arsses fit a seat the same.
    go to a rally, and test out some different styles.

I think the KING is for big guys. Their site has pretty good info. As per Ultimate site, King & Mid w/ back rest are going to be around $1100.00 delivered. Don't want to spend that kind of $$ and get a seat you're not happy with. A RDL is not quite that much, depending on type of material. Heated, custom or special work, will cost more. Of course there's wait but the RDL is built for "your butts" comfort. It's not as pretty & sleek as the Ultimate. I'm good on my Ultimate for a couple of hours. My other RDL's, good pretty much all day long, as the name implies, I'm sure my new one will be too. My only concern w/ the RDL in transit, it's on a CORBIN pan. If you ever took a CORBIN apart, you would see why they're hard. I find them very uncomfortable after 20-30 minutes BUT they are pretty. == That's my 5 cents worth.

Here are a few pictures of my ultimate mid rider. The seat is a bit dished where your legs go at a stop. I am 5’7” about 180lbs with a 30” inseam. It is easier to touch than the stock saddle especially after some break in miles. I am still not flat footing at a stop unless I slide forward a bit.

B3BC1697-B7BA-402A-AA4C-85A199385AD8.jpg
    6EA91FF4-BE12-4469-A375-37AC6E135229.jpg
    BC4D92E2-90CD-46DA-828F-4926746A6015.jpg
    Last edited by P.Sutton; 02-28-2018 at 07:46 AM.