2014 F6B is here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 F6B is here.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I want the NEW Pearl Blue paint that is for the 2014 GoldWing on a F6B

That Pearl Blue looks

This is quite interesting. First...I was wrong about the skip-a-year plan, and moving the production like to Tennessee, as it appears that the 2014 line of Wings and F6B will be delivered...soon. Okay, that is...okay. But what interests me is that one of the 2014 Wings...not an F6B, but a full Wing, comes in all black, with a blacked out engine, blacked out frame, and blacked out wheels.

Hmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    This is pretty clever by Honda.

The change of color to yellow and not offer the Red allows them to continue to sell any "over stock" Red 2013 models through 2014. The Black has always been a classic color for the Valkyries and Runes and looks great on the F6B (Batman Motorcycle)
    Well, just don't know what to think about that. I got the Red because I thought it "popped". The yellow, with black looks ok but it don't pop to me, it just pricks. Just maybe Honda is trying to slow down F6B sales so their manufacturing operations can keep up. Likely the Red ones, the faster ones, are flying out of the showrooms way too fast. Now that they are one year unique the remaining few may be gone, like tomorrow. Just a thought, and I know, I don't think like most folks. I'm happy we have the 2014 in any color for all that aftermarket stuff and all already mentioned. Hey, a year ago I never thought I'd be back on a Honda. But then came F6B.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Limbuck, the Red is a nice color, I'll take it over Black. I am not saying one is better than the other. My observation from the VIN list shows that there are more Black F6B owners on the list than Red and Black F6B owners. I have visited 2 dealerships and they only had red units on the floor, call it a coincidence . For me Black is high maintenance, I'll never own another Black vehicle. Beautiful when clean but time consuming to keep it clean. My favorite colors on a Bike were on a stock 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yellow looks nice, maybe they had seen the custom color F6Bs in the states and figured change the color.
    The GL1800 looks much better without the silver panel.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

I'm hoping folks won't like the yellow... then I'll have something unique!!! Excellent news on all fronts.

F6B Junior

I like the looks of the new CTX 1300. Looks like a good alternative if the F6B is out of someone's budget.

Attachment 2935

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    2014 F6B Sounds good to me!
    HOR had the yellow/black as a custom paint for 2013.
    The new blue on the Wing does look nice!!! (I'm kinda partial to blue myself,,)

Winner

The F6B is a winner for Honda. Although there may be a few leftover 13's on the showroom floors they will disappear quickly as folks realize that the only significant change for the the 14's are the yellow paint option. Folks who were hoping for ABS, cruise etc. will settle on a 13 especially if there's the slightest discount by Honda. Having a Basic/Delux Red my be a short live advantage as a bike color change, as many have demonstrated, is a matter of disassembly. A repaint with clear coat may satisfy most. Personally if I were to change color I would either go with Silver Metallic or the 2002 Honda 1800VTX Illusion Blue. With no major drive train changes I personally anticipate the 6 to share the GL1800 assembly line for sometime into the future. Unlike the Rune which was a short lived novelty, the commonality of parts between the 6 and the Gl1800 is a manufacturers dream. Honda demonstrated the ability to eliminate specific items to lighten up the 6. Adding those deleted components is but a corporate decision for the American Market.

Enjoy your 2013 model.....same as a 14 without a Banana Sticker

The GL1800 looks much better without the silver panel.
    Waaaaaay better! I never liked that two tone look on the Wing. The monotone looks great.