So recently, I've been curious about air gauges. I have four different ones, and none of them read the same pressure, some differing by almost 10 lbs (not on the motorcycle tire, but on some truck tires). They all vary on the F6B tires as well by several pounds. I have a Slime digitial, a couple of stick gauges, an analog gauge with a hose attached (sold by a company that sells these and a nice air compressor to motorcyclists). Without a way to test/calibrate, how the hell do we actually know how much pressure is really going into our tires, or which gauge is the most accurate?

I took my Harley in for a new back tire this weekend, and they asked if I have been riding it with low pressures. I actually tend to overfill my tires from the published psi, and check them each ride. This kind of goes along with my observations that we don't really know what pressures we are putting in our tires. It appears we accepting what we think is conventional wisdom as to what the ideal pressure is and then likely never really achieving it.