2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    More information on the front shock.

Note: The rider is sitting on the bike with his feet on the ground holding up the bike so not all of his full weight is on the bike yet.

Yea... this is NOT good.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    More information on the front shock.

Note: The rider is sitting on the bike with his feet on the ground holding up the bike so not all of his full weight is on the bike yet.

Another reason to not buy the 1st year of a new model. Let any bugs get worked out. My F6 is not perfect, but it does what I need, and is an all around great bike.

You might be right JM. I've got a 2015 B.....14 years after coming out.....I'll wait for the 2032 Wing. All should be good by then.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    For Christs sake... it's nothing about "racy" it's for better function. WTF?

And Opas... for Gawd's sake yer fricken retired. 14K on your F6B after 4 years...??? Git out of your damned rocking chair and ride. C'mon man....!

Will, I would ride more if I could, but with my wife having major surgery on her back last year and the lousy weather lately, I don't get much chance to ride...Hopefully the new year will be better...BTW, what do you mean by "better function" with a $3,000 suspension upgrade??...Just curious and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Will, I would ride more if I could, but with my wife having major surgery on her back last year and the lousy weather lately, I don't get much chance to ride...Hopefully the new year will be better...BTW, what do you mean by "better function" with a $3,000 suspension upgrade??...Just curious and ride safe
    That $3,000 is a variable; it would be the full upgrade. I only did the front end...

This has been discussed ad nauseam... The F6B's front forks in OEM form are of poor design with only half the dampening ability that could be afforded by two functional shocks. Traxxion solves that issue.

Watch all three video's. They explain it

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I don't understand how the reports of great ride quality from the front end are co-existing with the reports from Traxxion about having 1" of shock travel and the shock bottoming bumper coming into play frequently.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I don't understand how the reports of great ride quality from the front end are co-existing with the reports from Traxxion about having 1" of shock travel and the shock bottoming bumper coming into play frequently.
    How pliable is that new 2018 front shock bumper? Possibly it allows for more shaft travel than we can see?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Looked the rubber bumper is part of the shock dampening system!!. The top of the shock hits the damper and gives it that "rubberized road feel". Honda should come out with a rubber bumper like a Superbrace that comes in 2 pieces. Just screw a new one on every 500 miles or so, then hit the next rest area. Parts Dept. will sell 'em with 500 to the case.

OR.....Max says the travel of the shock is 53mm and the bumper takes up 60% of that travel. Maybe the bumper compresses to about 59% of that amount. I'd get the 4 year extended warranty on that bumper......OR.....Honda is going to get real pissed if they have to pay to replace that sucker every so often under warranty if it wears out prematurely. If what I saw had 300 miles on it, that piece might not last too long.
    Last edited by Walcrow; 02-21-2018 at 12:41 PM.