2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod

Amen....perfect explanation why to leave stock suspension behind. Honda has inferior suspension from the factory...the worst of any major brand, why cheap. Loading one fork only is the worst possible scenario you can have on a two leg fork system. The forks never act the same in turning or stopping, as they are unbalanced and then throw in an anti-dive piece of crap and it only gets worse.

Those of us who have gone with the Traxxion upgrade never say, boy I wish I had my stock suspension back...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Someone needs to get a camera in that front end and film that shock shaft; as the shock is being articulated....
    Yep, it seems to me to be basically the same type of forces on the front shock as on a rear monoshock setup. Short stroke, lever arm for operation/usable stroke. Mainly in-and-out forces since both ends can rotate freely about an axis.

Our B's rear shock has too much pre load and it looks like the new Wing's front has too little. Someone needs to check on the guys in the suspension dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    Our B's rear shock has too much pre load and it looks like the new Wing's front has too little. Someone needs to check on the guys in the suspension dept.
    Agreed. My rear shock/spring is too stiff, even with the lowest preload setting, under my 230 lb arse.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I am beginning to think that some of you constant complainers about the Honda suspension issues should perhaps start looking for another ride...Nothing is perfect and no one will ever find the ultimate bike that satisfies all...Enjoy the ride, be thankful you can and do it and move on!!!!....Regards and ride safe

At this point in motorcycle evolution you'd think the suspension would be a non issue. If what's being shown about the new Wings front suspension is true (which it appears to be) then it's kinda hard not to talk about.

Could be "fake news" as they say, but I agree that only time will tell as the newer generation bikes get thousands of miles on them...At this point most of this suspension talk, is in my opinion, just talk!!!!....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am beginning to think that some of you constant complainers about the Honda suspension issues should perhaps start looking for another ride...Nothing is perfect and no one will ever find the ultimate bike that satisfies all...Enjoy the ride, be thankful you can and do it and move on!!!!....Regards and ride safe
    Opas... please. There is always room for improvement... in anything. Or should all of us be satisfied with our government issued cheese and sawdust bread? ...and a Honda OEM suspension?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Could be "fake news" as they say, but I agree that only time will tell as the newer generation bikes get thousands of miles on them...At this point most of this suspension talk, is in my opinion, just talk!!!!....Regards
    Something tells me Max isn't in to "fake news". I've heard he hates CNN AND MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Agreed. My rear shock/spring is too stiff, even with the lowest preload setting, under my 230 lb arse.
    If you are set all the way down your bottoming the rear shock. Crank it up to 2/3rds to 3/4 of the way. You’ll be much happier.