Helmet in trunk test - '18 Wing Tour - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helmet in trunk test - '18 Wing Tour

FWIW, my 2XL Schuberth C3Pro fit in the top case, albeit on its side. I have the Sena 10U so the Bluetooth is internal, but the helmet fit. Also able to fit my 3XL Olympia Moab jacket as well, at the same time - and a pair of Held Wet-and-Dry XL gauntlet gloves. I can't see fitting two helmets in there, but it will hold everything I normally put in my Shad SH50 top case, so that's good.

I had no problems HJC XL and Bell large, I could not get the image to load.

I have a Nolan Trilogy modular helmet that fits into the saddlebag of the F6B (along with a couple of pairs of gloves, my gerbing heated liner, small bag of bungys, small tool bag, and my rain pants). I like to have the helmet for cold/inclement weather (rain shower on a 2-6 hour ride?). The bags on the '18 are much more angular and will not fit a helmet. To me that's a huge downer if not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Where are all of the macho bikers? You don't need no stink'n helmets !!!
    If you had worked the traffic crashes I worked in 30 years of police work and seen the number of dead skull crushed riders we had covered with sheets in the roadway you might think differently. I also know personally when a cage forced me to lay my police motor down and my head hit the side of his car. It saved my pumpkin. AGATT
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

I looked at the 18's at the dealer the other day and was amazed that they seemed to had answered all the gripes technology wise that people seemed to have...Then they forgot that it's supposed to be a touring bike...

T'was utterly amazed at how small the saddle bags and trunk are. Made me want to snap up the new 2017 full dress GW sitting there to keep as a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Are you in agreement that there is no chance of that helmet going in the side bags? A gentleman on the internet told me he saw one fit in person....When I checked out the bike, I didn't have my helmet with me, but I believe there is no way in hell that could happen...anybody have any thoughts on this?
    Been there, done that. Helmet of any size will not go in the side bags. My half helmet didn't go.
    ITS ALL GOOD