My Corbin seat / F6B experience

Thread: My Corbin seat / F6B experience

My Corbin seat / F6B experience

Went to my dealer today to pick up center stand parts.

He had recently taken in a '13 F6B on trade with a Corbin seat. I have never sat on a F6 with anything but the stock seat, so I was curious.

When posters mention that the Corbin puts you lower "in the bike", that worried me. I pictured sitting on a rubber swing, perpendicularly, with the seat riding up in front of my crotch and the backrest riding up my lower back.

That's what happened to me when I put an Ultimate on my VStar 1100...ended up returning it.

However, not the case with the Corbin. I am intrigued.

Yes, I sat lower in it, but it was more of a reclined feeling rather than sitting straight down on the battery. The carved out seat seemed to provide nice support on the outer fringes of my butt, where support seems to come up short on stock bike seats. Also, there seems to be some thigh support below my ass.

The backrest was spring loaded and useless, unless I wanted my back sitting at a 60 degree angle.

One more thing - the seat surface slippery as hell - is that normal?

I may have to go back there and try it again.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Went to my dealer today to pick up center stand parts.He had recently taken in a '13 F6B on trade with a Corbin seat. I have never sat on a F6 with anything but the stock seat, so I was curious.When posters mention that the Corbin puts you lower "in the bike", that worried me. I pictured sitting on a rubber swing, perpendicularly, with the seat riding up in front of my crotch and the backrest riding up my lower back.That's what happened to me when I put an Ultimate on my VStar 1100...ended up returning it.However, not the case with the Corbin. I am intrigued.
    Yes, I sat lower in it, but it was more of a reclined feeling rather than sitting straight down on the battery. The carved out seat seemed to provide nice support on the outer fringes of my butt, where support seems to come up short on stock bike seats. Also, there seems to be some thigh support below my ass.
    The backrest was spring loaded and useless, unless I wanted my back sitting at a 60 degree angle.
    One more thing - the seat surface slippery as hell - is that normal?I may have to go back there and try it again.
    The Backrest angle is adjustable ( a pain to do but fully adjustable) and the seat should NOT be slippery. Someone used the wrong product on it. Probably to make it look nice in the showroom. Only good Leather conditioner should be used.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Star, how long are your legs. Can you flat foot it sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Star, how long are your legs. Can you flat foot it sitting?
    Easily. I am 6'1", 34" inseam. Why? I must tell you I am a married man...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Just wondering. A 30" inseam makes it harder. I got my 13 with a Corbin and never sat on a stock seat. Just wondered if a stock seat would let me get my feet down easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Just wondering. A 30" inseam makes it harder. I got my 13 with a Corbin and never sat on a stock seat. Just wondered if a stock seat would let me get my feet down easier.
    Also have 30" inseam. Just switched from stock to Corbin. This seat is lower and wider than stock. It is somewhat easier to flatfoot than the stock. (maybe less than an inch difference)

How do you find the CORBIN after 2-3 hours in the saddle? I always found them hard on my butt.

THANKS RESERVE! That's what I been wondering.

Olegoat, I don't have a problem with hardness. I did 9 hours last August and was only off for the gas stops. If I strapped a couple jerry cans on I could do nonstop 😎

I love the Corbin seat mainly for the backrests and the heated seat. The driver backrest is very adjustable as mentioned. I go about 2 hours max on any seat.

The Corbin is a hard seat but I had a custom seat made for my VTX 1800 by Danny Grey that made the Corbin feel like a pillow. I have rode straight through back and forth between Myrtle Beach and Philly many times only stopping for gas as comfortable as could be on that seat. My point is hard or soft it has to do with how the seat hits your pressure points that makes all the difference. I have learned a hard seat feels much better to me than soft ones.
    I have to agree with DocF6B, I love my Corbin as well with the backrest and heat it is all good.
    I’m 5’10” 215# with 32” inseam and did add Kuryaken Risers that allow me to lean against the backrest and reach the handle bars comfortably. When I kick out the Rivcos set the cruise control and turn up the tunes I could ride forever. My friends always laugh about how comfortable I look going down the road.

E18D1EC4-1493-4B0A-8955-C18283939CCA.jpg