Rick's 2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT First Ride Experience

Thread: Rick's 2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT First Ride Experience

Rick's 2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT First Ride Experience

Rick offers his initial impressions on his new DCT Wing while riding it for the first time. He spent the whole day putting the new 2018 Gold Wing Tour to the test. Spoiler alert: HE LOVES IT!

Here's what WingStuff owner Rick Arnoldo had to say after spending the day on his new ride:

"Overall, I'm really happy with this new bike. I think they did a great job. I'm looking forward to all the exciting accessories that are going to be coming out for it and I'm really looking forward to riding this bike a whole lot more!"

Great Review Rick!
    I must admit, the itch is getting more and more difficult not to scratch. UGH!!!
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

I test road the DCT and loved everything about the bike besides the DCT. I was only on it for 30 min though. I did not like the clunkiness of it trying to find the gear at slow speeds, 10 to 30 mph. Off the line was great it was slowing down that was really weird. I like pulling the clutch and gliding. But have heard you will get used to it. And if you have arthritis in your left hand, get the DCT. I did like the fact on turns that your not worrying about your boot scraping the road on the up shift...but again, manual would be for me at this point. But I really love the look of my F6b Better than the new goldwing, the lines are so much sexier especially the trunk, IMO. and I dont have an I phone! I am seriously considering trying to find a deluxe, white 16 F6B....i have the 13 non deluxe red. May find a really good deal on a 16 is what i am thinking. Sport just felt like it held the gear longer and one under at any give speed. Econo was actually the least clunkiness at slow speed. If its features your after, this is better than anything out there, harley, indian, bmw, for ease of access...phenomenal.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Visited RideNow of Ocala this afternoon and got to see a new 2018 with the seven speed auto! A remarkable looking machine! The dealer wants my 2013 for a trade and said he would would work out a good price once his service department went over my bike. It's tempting! I'll have to get back to him as I was in a rush.

Was able to sit on the bike while a salesman held the front end. Great seating and I'm able to flat foot like my 13. Suspension seemed much more plush than the F6B. They actually started the bike and the exhaust note, at idle, was impressive. Fit and finish were typical Honda and the front suspension was impressive. What I really liked was the adjustable windshield! I'm 6' 2" so one of the first mods would be a taller upper piece available from Honda. There are no longer any tubular crash bars! They've been replaced with with small stylish side bumpers. The rear passenger foot rests are clean and invisible when in the raised position.

Honda has done a remarkable job with the New Wing IMHO!
    Last edited by bob109; 02-20-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Visited RideNow of Ocala this afternoon and got to see a new 2018 with the seven speed auto! A remarkable looking machine! The dealer wants my 2013 for a trade and said he would would work out a good price once his service department went over my bike. It's tempting! I'll have to get back to him as I was in a rush.

Was able to sit on the bike while a salesman held the front end. Great seating and I'm able to flat foot like my 13. Suspension seemed much more plush than the F6B. They actually started the bike and the exhaust note, at idle, was impressive. Fit and finish were typical Honda and the front suspension was impressive. What I really liked was the adjustable windshield! I'm 6' 2" so one of the first mods would be a taller upper piece available from Honda. There are no longer and tubular crash bars! They've been replaced with with small stylish side bumpers. The rear passenger foot rests are clean and invisible when in the raised position.

Honda has done a remarkable job with the New Wing IMHO!
    Make sure they let you ride it before buying or buy at another dealership. There are tons of dealerships that will let you actually ride on it first, and make sure to test drive the DCT, since you know what a manual feels like so you can see which one you prefer,

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    Make sure they let you ride it before buying or buy at another dealership. There are tons of dealerships that will let you actually ride on it first, and make sure to test drive the DCT, since you know what a manual feels like so you can see which one you prefer,
    No way I'll be laying down 24K$ without a test drive! Although I'm not keen on the auto trans, it will be interesting to see how it performs. With a approximate 80LB weight loss compared to the 6, I'd like to perform some low speed turns.