How much did you pay for your bike? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your bike?

Since you are here in WA state, I have to agree with what Miles said, talk to Vicky at South Bound. I shopped around in and out of state. After considering the cost of flying to and riding home, Vicky was able to get me the best out the door price of $21,300 for a deluxe.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Talldude View Post
    I am in WA state, so I don't know how much they will ask for shipping...... Has anybody ever bought a bike out of state and shipped it to their state with good results?
    TD

Talldude, here is an offer..........I am willing to meet with you, in person, and I bet we can also get Kevin...kdelders...to meet with us, to talk about the best places IN this state to buy from. While I bought my bike out of state, I would not hesitate to buy from South Bound Honda, because I have always found them to be Honest...forthright...and very good in customer service. That is where Kevin bought his bike...that is where my electrifried lightning bike went to for over $ 10,000.00 in repairs, and I have every confidence that they would treat you right. The short ride from Lynnwood to Lakewood (south Tacoma) is well worth buying from the right dealer.

Now, if you really want to buy from H.O.R., and don't want to fly there to ride it home, I will make the offer to fly there for you, pick up the bike, and ride it back for you. That way you can either get a bike for less momey, or get a bike with a custom paint job on it, that is probably better than the stock paint.

The call is yours. I have been dealing with every Honda dealer in your area for a lot of years, and I would not hesitate to ride a couple extra miles to buy from such as great dealer as South Bound Honda.

There are several of us in this area that can help you, meet with you, and show you what we have done to our bikes, which is a wide variety of things on each bike. Just ask, and we will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Come on, guys! I see this discussion escalating into personal attacks and it isn't pretty. Look, many of us are on edge these days and it doesn't take much to get our feathers ruffled. I speak as a wounded veteran, believe me! I see this forum as a "sanctuary" away from all the mean-spirited things that are going on around us and frankly, it concerns me when I see even this forum going sideways. If I may, please let me suggest that the F6B forum is first and foremost a place we can go to offer and receive advice and express our opinions. No doubt, there will be times when we will be misunderstood and perhaps even times when we will be wrong in what we say. As long as those things are said in good faith, I would hope others of us could practice a little restraint in dissenting in a most personal way. I'll even try to apply this to myself since I'm not immune to insulting and feeling like I'm being insulted.
    Agree 100 % x 10 this is my 2 cents. This is a elite group of people on this forum that ride the best bike made to date.We are suppose to help people answer all questions people want to know about this bike and sometimes bend over backwards to get them the answers they need.So to all members new and old please answer the questions people are asking in the threads to continue to make this the best forum on the web.
    Ride it like you stole it

I paid MSRP + TT&L. No deals at my location.

I paid $18300.... plus local/state fees.... Delux

What I did was... I told the local vendor that I would fly to NC and buy the bike for $18000, or ......... I would agree for him to add $300 for flight and fuel back to FL.... Because " I would fly out out on Wed and be back before night fall with the bike ".....the manager thought about and and then said.....OK
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Talldude, here is an offer..........I am willing to meet with you, in person, and I bet we can also get Kevin...kdelders...to meet with us, to talk about the best places IN this state to buy from. While I bought my bike out of state, I would not hesitate to buy from South Bound Honda, because I have always found them to be Honest...forthright...and very good in customer service. That is where Kevin bought his bike...that is where my electrifried lightning bike went to for over $ 10,000.00 in repairs, and I have every confidence that they would treat you right. The short ride from Lynnwood to Lakewood (south Tacoma) is well worth buying from the right dealer.

Now, if you really want to buy from H.O.R., and don't want to fly there to ride it home, I will make the offer to fly there for you, pick up the bike, and ride it back for you. That way you can either get a bike for less momey, or get a bike with a custom paint job on it, that is probably better than the stock paint.

The call is yours. I have been dealing with every Honda dealer in your area for a lot of years, and I would not hesitate to ride a couple extra miles to buy from such as great dealer as South Bound Honda.

There are several of us in this area that can help you, meet with you, and show you what we have done to our bikes, which is a wide variety of things on each bike. Just ask, and we will help.
    Hey miles,

Generous offer! This is what I will do: I did my test ride on the Ride Motorsports Woodinville dealer. Out of respect I will approach them first. If I see that they are not flexible I will call South Bound Honda. after that I will PM you to speak to you and get some advise. The offer to fly to HOR and ride the bike back is very generous, but being a new bike, I would love to do that ride myself. (You know how exciting it is to pick up a brand new bike at the dealership yourself)

Tall dude

...my take is before buying its so important, after buying not so much. There are so many
    factors!...deluxe or standard, do you price in a possible paint job down the rode, what about
    a trade in, do you get the 20% of on windshield! fog lights! too much.

For a straight-up deal yes, many places now have $16,950 for standard, $17,950 for deluxe.

But how close are they? etc etc. my local place gave me a discounted paint job and a $1000 more
    on my scooter than anyone within 2000 miles, and fog lights, center stand, clear lenses BUT
    in order to get that I missed out on the delux with heated grips and backrest, both of which
    I'm hunting for my bike, so, many variables involved in a deal.....do I LOVE this bike------

HELL YES, but I really really miss the heated grips and backrest...and those dang turn signal
    cancelation control......!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I paid $18300.... plus local/state fees.... Delux

What I did was... I told the local vendor that I would fly to NC and buy the bike for $18000, or ......... I would agree for him to add $300 for flight and fuel back to FL.... Because " I would fly out out on Wed and be back before night fall with the bike ".....the manager thought about and and then said.....OK
    Pretty much the same here. I took the Chattanooga Tenn. Out The door price to my local dealer. They got within 200.00 plus Tax, Tag, Title

Quote Originally Posted by Talldude View Post
    Hey miles,

Generous offer! This is what I will do: I did my test ride on the Ride Motorsports Woodinville dealer. Out of respect I will approach them first. If I see that they are not flexible I will call South Bound Honda. after that I will PM you to speak to you and get some advise. The offer to fly to HOR and ride the bike back is very generous, but being a new bike, I would love to do that ride myself. (You know how exciting it is to pick up a brand new bike at the dealership yourself)

Tall dude

Talldude, the bottomline to all this is we all want to see you get the best deal you can, and be happy with the bike, and the purchase. The best deal is not always the lowest price, as there are other considerations. If Ride Motorsports can give you the best deal...great ! If not, then check into South Bound Honda. They have at least one in their inventory, as I have seen it. They also may have one at their second store, which is South Sound Honda, in Olympia.

If you do decide to buy from Honda of Russellville, and you want to fly out there to get it, and ride it home...here is a deal........I will ride out to Arkansas, and I will meet you there, and we can ride the bikes back to Washington together. Seriously ! I have some miles missing on my rebuilt bike, so I need to make up for that. This way, you have a riding partner for the trip back home. I have already ridden from Washington "through" that state of Arkansas on two separate trips to the East Coast this year, so a third time might be the charm. I doubt lightning is going to strike me twice.

Let me know how I can help, as we are here to assist you.

18.5 for a deluxe from Shawnee Ok, plus they gave me good value for my trade. They are a 60k sq. ft powersports dealership.