2018 Gold Wing Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Gold Wing Ride

After spending much of this afternoon evaluating both new Honda Goldwings, Tour and Base models, I liked them very much and indeed they are terrific bikes,,,but, I gave it a lot of thought and decided to keep my 2013 for now as it has many after-market parts, is paid for, low mileage, and has been custom painted..As I only ride about 3,500 miles a year anymore, just turned 78 years old and really love my current 2013 F6B, I am going to up-grade the front suspension next month and just enjoy my bike for a while longer....Regards and ride safe..

Very good review John M I have contemplated making this move.I encourage any others with good honest reviews as I respect especially those coming from f6b such as myself. I Know I need demo one but am knowing I will like just from the weight issue alone.Again thanks for the detailed review

One thing I just learned whereas our F6B has 35 clicks of adjustment on the rear suspension, and the new Wings have the same rear suspension system. However, the Wing Tour only has 4 settings to choose from, whereas the standard Wing has a manual crank from 0-24 - but it is allegedly the same overall range as our 0-35 clicks.
    But seriously....only 4 settings on a the Full Wing? C'mon, man!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

How much do you really adjust the suspension on the F6B???..I have had mine set at 17 clicks, (middle of adjustments) for the last 3 years and I have no issues...I suppose if you change luggage, riders, passengers, etc...some changes are necessary...but I doubt many do.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    How much do you really adjust the suspension on the F6B???..I have had mine set at 17 clicks, (middle of adjustments) for the last 3 years and I have no issues...I suppose if you change luggage, riders, passengers, etc...some changes are necessary...but I doubt many do.....
    I actually do....a lot.
    I go anywhere from 10 to 25 depending upon my next trip's destination and how my back (herniated discs) is feeling.
    I will admit that I'm not the norm though.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I actually do....a lot.
    I go anywhere from 10 to 25 depending upon my next trip's destination and how my back (herniated discs) is feeling.
    I will admit that I'm not the norm though.
    I adjust mine all the time. Sometimes several times in a trip without stopping.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I adjust mine all the time. Sometimes several times in a trip without stopping.
    You and your shock...windbags!!!! lol.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce