2018 Gold Wing Ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Gold Wing Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2018 Gold Wing Ride

Has anyone had a chance to ride the base Goldwing, (old F6B type) as yet??..Have seen several reviews of the Tour models but no base one yet....Regards and ride safe

Not that I have seen or read and I noticed that the "Goldwing" has a short shield, wonder if it is a powered one as the Touring model ?
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not that I have seen or read and I noticed that the "Goldwing" has a short shield, wonder if it is a powered one as the Touring model ?
    Yes it is and a larger/taller shield is a Honda option, or so I am told by my dealer....He says they won't have any base models in for a while yet and when they do get them none will be available for demo rides???...Claims Ma Honda wants to push the Touring models with the DCT trans for now.....

One thing I just learned whereas our F6B has 35 clicks of adjustment on the rear suspension, and the new Wings have the same rear suspension system. However, the Wing Tour only has 4 settings to choose from, whereas the standard Wing has a manual crank from 0-24 - but it is allegedly the same overall range as our 0-35 clicks.
    But seriously....only 4 settings on a the Full Wing? C'mon, man!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

How much do you really adjust the suspension on the F6B???..I have had mine set at 17 clicks, (middle of adjustments) for the last 3 years and I have no issues...I suppose if you change luggage, riders, passengers, etc...some changes are necessary...but I doubt many do.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    How much do you really adjust the suspension on the F6B???..I have had mine set at 17 clicks, (middle of adjustments) for the last 3 years and I have no issues...I suppose if you change luggage, riders, passengers, etc...some changes are necessary...but I doubt many do.....
    I actually do....a lot.
    I go anywhere from 10 to 25 depending upon my next trip's destination and how my back (herniated discs) is feeling.
    I will admit that I'm not the norm though.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yes. Power windshield on all models. John and I went and checked them out yesterday. They had 2 tours and 2 non tours. 1 of each in dct and 6 speed manual. Said 2 of them are demos and they can’t sell them until August. They sure are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Yes. Power windshield on all models. John and I went and checked them out yesterday. They had 2 tours and 2 non tours. 1 of each in dct and 6 speed manual. Said 2 of them are demos and they can’t sell them until August. They sure are nice.
    Cherok$$ on a new Wing ?
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Hey, Chop, not me. I got the B, just how I want it. However, the new bikes sure looked and felt nice. I sat on the new wing, and pushed the front up and down, tried to wiggle the front wheel, like I saw in a video, but I found no issues. Time will tell, after they have been ridden several thousand miles. Now, as far as me , I may ADD a new wing in a year or two, but it will be an addition. I don't think there will be much "trade in" value on our bikes in the future. If these new wings turn out to be great, then the market will be flooded with trade ins and private sales.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Hey, Chop, not me. I got the B, just how I want it. However, the new bikes sure looked and felt nice. I sat on the new wing, and pushed the front up and down, tried to wiggle the front wheel, like I saw in a video, but I found no issues. Time will tell, after they have been ridden several thousand miles. Now, as far as me , I may ADD a new wing in a year or two, but it will be an addition. I don't think there will be much "trade in" value on our bikes in the future. If these new wings turn out to be great, then the market will be flooded with trade ins and private sales.
    I agree with your post for the most part and intend to wait a while before "plunging into debt again"...The new bikes are surely nice and have many needed and wanted improvements....Not sure at my age of 78 I really need another new ride....As far as these "so-called" new front suspension issues are concerned I say "BS" and lets wait and see...Many after market companies are always anxious to sell new items that make them $$$..JMHO and ride safe