More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max

More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max

Here's another one from Max tonight dealing with the chewed up front bumper on the new Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZ0M_vrtKY

...and yes, he's got a new Traxxion shock for the front....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OssQzhIA2w
    Last edited by Walcrow; 03-01-2018 at 12:37 AM.

That second video was really cool, Walcrow. Pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing rider impressions, especially concerning comfort. I'd be interested to know if the higher rate of damping decreases comfort any while increasing the sportiness, or tautness, of the ride. That may be faulty hypothesizing on my part, and I certainly don't know enough about suspensions to say. But a field full of rider impressions will help. Wish I could get to Georgia for a ride!

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 03-01-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Interesting.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

A company that rebuilds front ends criticizes the new Honda front end. Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit? I also wonder about having a new bike under warranty that should be covered if a problem exist and would rebuilding the front end void that warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    A company that rebuilds front ends criticizes the new Honda front end. Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit? I also wonder about having a new bike under warranty that should be covered if a problem exist and would rebuilding the front end void that warranty?
    I asked my dealer that exact question several months ago about installing Progressive springs and All-Balls bearings. I bought it from them last April. They told me they had done a few and any issues would be covered. I did not question them if it would be covered by Mother Honda OR them. I'll address it again. I have not had it done as I'm planning on riding to Woodstock this spring to have the Traxxion kit installed. As to a lawsuit, I don't think that Honda has sued RDL over seats, TBR over exhausts, or Helibars. What do you feel would be the basis for the lawsuit? Slander or libel? Probably wouldn't fly to far, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit?
    Hey, it is what it is, and a fact is a fact!!!! However, I've seen Honda do some strange things. Years ago a friend with a machine shop made some beautiful metal "VTX" covers for the radiator on the VTX. Had VTX in the metal cover. I don't know all the details, but Honda said cease, and he did. I think they got his attention.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Honda does not warranty after market parts. If there were a recall Honda’s only recorse would be to replace your after market parts with oem parts. If you replace, modify, grind/drill/ weld on a oem part Honda will only have 2 options. Replace after market and modified parts at the owners expense,parts & labor, or denial of warranty.

I'm not taking sides. I will purchase a bike knowing an aftermarket seat and higher bars might be more comfortable (people are all different) and that an aftermarket pipe will make a bike sound better. Stock certainly limits sounds by law. The difference here is someone saying the stock front end is poorly built, I guess Honda should have employed Traxxon to help design the new bike. I would not purchase a new bike expecting to spend several more thousand to make it handle correctly. Not considering a 18 Wing anyway as my 15 with perfect handling stock front end will last me for a long time I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Hey, it is what it is, and a fact is a fact!!!! However, I've seen Honda do some strange things. Years ago a friend with a machine shop made some beautiful metal "VTX" covers for the radiator on the VTX. Had VTX in the metal cover. I don't know all the details, but Honda said cease, and he did. I think they got his attention.
    I remember those and several other VTX themed aftermarket stuff that disappeared. I guess that being right or wrong matters less than that the size of Big Red could smother a small business.

If I had a new 2018 I would not be up for major modifications for several years. Accessories etc are a different thing. Of course, everyone is different. I will consider Traxxion for my F6B when the current suspension poops out. I’m good for now!!! And, as I get older my riding is more “leisurely” than “spirited.”

I do find it very interesting to see the innards of the suspension. Learned a lot watching Max’s videos/updates.

BTW, I had Traxxion full-Monty on my 2002 Wing. Installed in Woodstock, and then serviced by them when needed. It was great!!! Both were good excuses for a cross-country trip to visit friends and get in some riding back east.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 03-01-2018 at 12:50 PM.