More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max

As my style of riding is changing as I get older and less interested in "spirited riding", an updated suspension is not in the cards for me unless mine "poops out" soon. Even then, I would most likely go to AllBalls bearings and Progressive monotubes or springs...An expensive suspension system is great for those that feel the need and want to spend the money to enjoy, but not for me and these "old bones".....Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As my style of riding is changing as I get older and less interested in "spirited riding", an updated suspension is not in the cards for me unless mine "poops out" soon. Even then, I would most likely go to AllBalls bearings and Progressive monotubes or springs...An expensive suspension system is great for those that feel the need and want to spend the money to enjoy, but not for me and these "old bones".....Regards and ride safe
    The best you know is the best you ever had.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The best you know is the best you ever had.
    No better truth said-but then what do I know I have one of those "not needed" Super Brace's-LOL.If one has not experienced a ride on a Traxion upgraded Goldwing then they will never know how much better the suspension can be.I will be getting the full Monty done on my 13 F6B as I plan to ride it for many more years-that along with a RDL saddle this year.Four grand or so on my beautiful paid for bike beats the heck out of 15 grand to upgrade to the 18 Wing which does not really make me as happy or fit me ergonomically as well as the F6B.Sorta like the Madstad windshield that I put off getting for 3 years as I hated the look but now that I have one on the bike I really do not know how I got along without it as it made all those so called better looking wind screens feel obsolete.But hey what makes one rider happy may not another.Just happy spring is just around the corner

Nevada has a spring season???

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Nevada has a spring season???
    Yea it lasts almost 2 weeks if were lucky-LOL.Just got 6 inches of snow last night and 3-6 more expected tonight.6 to 8 ft on the passes.Has been a very mild winter here so far so we may just skip spring this year and go straight to summer.

I have a VTX Fork Filler from Rattlebars that Chet had to stop selling because Honda complained. The engraving was done by a shop in West Mifflin, PA and they were warned not to use the trade marked "VTX" on the fork fillers.

Carl
    2023 Candy Ardent Red Honda Goldwing Tour DCT 02/21/2023
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    No better truth said-but then what do I know I have one of those "not needed" Super Brace's-LOL.If one has not experienced a ride on a Traxion upgraded Goldwing then they will never know how much better the suspension can be.I will be getting the full Monty done on my 13 F6B as I plan to ride it for many more years-that along with a RDL saddle this year.Four grand or so on my beautiful paid for bike beats the heck out of 15 grand to upgrade to the 18 Wing which does not really make me as happy or fit me ergonomically as well as the F6B.Sorta like the Madstad windshield that I put off getting for 3 years as I hated the look but now that I have one on the bike I really do not know how I got along without it as it made all those so called better looking wind screens feel obsolete.But hey what makes one rider happy may not another.Just happy spring is just around the corner
    I am sure those of you guys that spent "big bucks" on suspension upgrades are very happy and satisfied with your decision as I have no doubt the bike handles better than stock...the difference for me is I am not willing to spend the money at this point as I see no need to...If I were younger I might consider the change, but not now. My bike works fine for me as is...BTW, I am not afraid, or unwilling to spend money on up-grades as I spent over $1400 to put cams, timing gear, airbox change and engine work on my 2011 Vision Tour and it was well worth it!!!....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am sure those of you guys that spent "big bucks" on suspension upgrades are very happy and satisfied with your decision as I have no doubt the bike handles better than stock...the difference for me is I am not willing to spend the money at this point as I see no need to...If I were younger I might consider the change, but not now. My bike works fine for me as is...BTW, I am not afraid, or unwilling to spend money on up-grades as I spent over $1400 to put cams, timing gear, airbox change and engine work on my 2011 Vision Tour and it was well worth it!!!....Regards
    But yer old bones would appreciate it. C'mon Opas! Ya can't take that money to the grave with ya!

Do it.

You'll thank me later.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Walcrow,

Thanks for posting the new videos. Good to be informed.

Interested in seeing his next side-by-side video.
    Last edited by ths61; 03-02-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Ask and you shall receive.......here's the next one from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p06YGC0uI-8