Polk Audio DB652 speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polk Audio DB652 speakers

Polk Audio DB652 speakers

Has anyone installed a set of these. I really don’t want to wait till May for the J&M’s.
    Also the price point seems reasonable: $89.00
    Thoughts or opinions welcome.
    Rod
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hear the Polks are good. A little more expensive but bolt right in, I installed these: https://www.infinityspeakers.com/KAPPA+62.11I.html

Both are good aftermarket speaker choices however, you really need an aftermarket amplifier to reach their full potential.

I'm a big Polk fan. They are affordable, durable, waterproof and just plain sound great at all volume levels. But again, the factory amp doesn't supply enough power - watts, RMS to bring them to potential.
    An improvement yes, but not what they can be.
    Jim
    Last edited by Dirtstiff's F6B; 03-02-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Both are good aftermarket speaker choices however, you really need an aftermarket amplifier to reach their full potential.

I'm a big Polk fan. They are affordable, durable, waterproof and just plain sound great at all volume levels. But again, the factory amp doesn't supply enough power - watts, RMS to bring them to potential.
    An improvement yes, but not what they can be.
    Jim
    I just Sent you a PM

Check your email
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul

2013 F6B Deluxe

Last year I hacked away the jbl gto638 speakers. They didnt hold up and cracked and stopped working. I now have the POLK 652. Does anyone have photos of how they installed theirs. I'm afraid of cutting the outsides away again weakening the structure causing the rubber to dryrot again.
    Veteran 16 years and counting
    Think. Adapt. Anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_328 View Post
    Last year I hacked away the jbl gto638 speakers. They didnt hold up and cracked and stopped working. I now have the POLK 652. Does anyone have photos of how they installed theirs. I'm afraid of cutting the outsides away again weakening the structure causing the rubber to dryrot again.
    PM your email and I can send you pictures and advice to trimming them. You also should mount them wrong side up so the voice coils and wiring are on top.
    Jim20180407_104503_resized.jpg
    Last edited by Dirtstiff's F6B; 07-09-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Taz View Post
    Has anyone installed a set of these. I really don’t want to wait till May for the J&M’s.
    Also the price point seems reasonable: $89.00
    Thoughts or opinions welcome.
    Rod
    Can I ask how these. Infinit speaker sound compared to OEM? Thanks.

They are better but not hugely so. I think as said an amp is needed to get great sound. I'm satisfied with the Infinitys. They have a built in tweeter so I removed the stock tweeters and used the space on the left for a gear indicator and the right for a digital amp read out.

High fidelity is product selection and matching component efficiency and the installation quality. The stock system is very good for its’ matched components, weight and size considerations. The stock amp is matched to the speaker load and the speakers are matched to the speaker box volume in each pocket.

You can’t change 1 item and expect a noticeable difference. You will need to change amp, speakers and install the speakers in the correct volume box for enhanced bass response. If using an amp amp with more power, larger wires should be run.

Many that have an aftermarket exhaust think the stock system is inadequate since the sound system is competing with increased muffler noise.

My stock system is super loud at volume 15/16 while cruising with the ASV on medium and neural surround on.