Clear or Light Smoke ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear or Light Smoke ?

Clear or Light Smoke ?

Wanting to change my front turn signals away from the orange, but would still like to be noticed when signaling for a turn. Would you go with the light smoke with yellow bulb, or clear with yellow bulb. Also is their a bulb that looks clear then flashes yellow? Thanks for your input.
    Marty

I went with the light smoke, with an amber bulb, and I am happy with that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I went with the light smoke, with an amber bulb, and I am happy with that choice.
    I went with the same combination. I was initially concerned about reduced visibility but when the signals are flashing they are bright and amber. You really only see the smoke tint when they are off. I also applied light tint to the rear signals (not the brake) and they are still very bright.

Cool

You are asking a legal question….. the clear or smoke should not be a issue…..what does your STATE require for the color of the bulb…Most if not all require yellow in the front and red in the back…if the back is yellow it can only be for the turn and NOT a turn/brake combo…. just sayin...

I have gone with clear as the front of my bike is clear...if using a dark shield then a smoke lens would match....

I believe there is a bulb that looks clear, but lights up yellow....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I went with clear for a couple of reasons. First, I like the look of clear when the lights are off and second, I felt I needed clear so the Vertex emergency flashers would be clear and bright (a la Blackbetty 12). The amber bulbs that came with my lens kit yield a slightly different yellow from stock but it's acceptable (to me).

I went with the smoke and amber bulb and like the way it looks with a black F6B.
    Ride it like you stole it

Also went with smoked lens, and amber bulbs. Much better than the pumpkin look.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    I went with the smoke and amber bulb and like the way it looks with a black F6B.
    I love the way tinted lenses look on a black bike while they aren't on but aren't they still yellow when you are riding down the road? Doesn't the tint just dim the brightness down a bit when the lights are on?

Quote Originally Posted by billv45 View Post
    I love the way tinted lenses look on a black bike while they aren't on but aren't they still yellow when you are riding down the road? Doesn't the tint just dim the brightness down a bit when the lights are on?
    Yes! But you can't see them when you are on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by billv45 View Post

Yes.I guess I like the look of the tinted lenses on the black F6B when parked is what I mean.
    Ride it like you stole it