Clear or Light Smoke ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear or Light Smoke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    Wanting to change my front turn signals away from the orange, but would still like to be noticed when signaling for a turn. Would you go with the light smoke with yellow bulb, or clear with yellow bulb. Also is their a bulb that looks clear then flashes yellow? Thanks for your input.
    Marty
    Check out this click here -> bulb. You might find them at your local auto parts.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Quote Originally Posted by billv45 View Post
    I love the way tinted lenses look on a black bike while they aren't on but aren't they still yellow when you are riding down the road? Doesn't the tint just dim the brightness down a bit when the lights are on?
    Billv45 right you are. I went with the tinted lens and amber bulb. After installation I turned the ignition on and the lenses still turned amber. WTF. So here is what I did. When you unplug the turn signal socket use a small screwdriver to remove the middle wire from the bulb side this will disconnect the running lights but will not affect the turn signals. Now there will be no running lights in front and turn signals still work.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    Billv45 right you are. I went with the tinted lens and amber bulb. After installation I turned the ignition on and the lenses still turned amber. WTF. So here is what I did. When you unplug the turn signal socket use a small screwdriver to remove the middle wire from the bulb side this will disconnect the running lights but will not affect the turn signals. Now there will be no running lights in front and turn signals still work.
    After riding BMWs for many years, no running lights from the factory, I like to have 'em.

IMO best to keep the running lights. The cagers could care less about how your bike looks. When you sit and look at it with the smoke signals it looks cool and like I said once you are riding down the road you can't see it anyway.

IF that is the way your thinking then you can't see the yellow lenses when you are riding down the road either
    The point is to match the blacked out effect of the rest of the bike.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Aye Carrumba!

LMAO!!!

IF that is the way your thinking then you can't see the yellow lenses when you are riding down the road either
    The point is to match the blacked out effect of the rest of the bike.
    Yes that is true, I agree with you, that is why I put smoke lens on my signals front and back. But I look at it "blacked out" without the running lights on so that is why it doesn't bother me if they look amber when I am riding. I hope that helps to clarify.

Can any one of the above post pics of their turn signals? Thanks

Talldude

Quote Originally Posted by Talldude View Post
    Can any one of the above post pics of their turn signals? Thanks

Talldude

Ok here you go
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Ok here you go
    Mmmm the ones in BikeMP3 seem to be more dark. Are those full smoke or light smoke? Thanks so much for your pictures!