Power Strip ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Strip ?

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

After reading the only two reviews (both bad) I would look to Fuzeblock or EagerBeaver. I know...the reviews could both be flukes but I wouldn't take the chance being the EC one is no better than the others.

I used the fuse block and it fits under seat very well and gives you the option
    on all6 fuses to be switched or unswitched just by plugging in the fuse differently.

I ordered the Eager Beaver, I like the advantage of it having a positive side & a negative side to stop from having lots of grounding leads. I made a cardboard template & I think it'll fit between the battery & the side cover. I'm going to try attach it to the battery strap using HD Velcro. Should work.........................................I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Go to fuzeblock.com there is a good solution and well made.
    http://www.fuzeblocks.com
    That's the one I have on my Valkyrie... haven't added one to my F6B yet.

One of the extras I like which is available on the Fuzeblock is the option to have some of your connections NOT switched - battery tender connection, etc.
    Last edited by gadgeteer; 03-08-2018 at 01:46 PM.

It looks like Electrical Connection has a new auxiliary fuse block (smaller form factor). I installed their previous one. It fits just to the right of the battery.

FWIW, You can use a relay and tie it to the Engine Oil Pressure switch to enable the auxiliary fuse block ONLY after the bike is running and the engine oil light goes off to protect your battery.

Previous auxiliary fuse block.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Goldwing-GL...-/110672885134
    Last edited by ths61; 03-09-2018 at 01:57 AM.

I got the Eastern Beaver, I like having the pos. & neg., 6 switched lugs & 2 always hot from the battery, all fused, under the cover. I Velcrowed the left side of the fuse block to the right edge of the strap that holds the battery in, & the right side Velcrowed to the plastic cover that protects the positive post. Then using the top & bottom screw holes on the Eastern Beaver I zip tied it to the strap holding the battery in. Seems to be very secure.
    I P/U the power for the 6 "fused switched lugs" from inside the OEM fuse block, using the "switched hot" screw in top left corner. The 2 "fused battery hot" lugs straight off the positive post. Ground to the neg. battery & then to the frame. I put red heat shrink over all the hot wires for extra safety.
    Right now, I only have my heated RDL on the switched lug, my electric bag opener on the battery hot lug. I plan on feeding my accessory power outlets & future lights off the Eastern Beaver in the near future. == I'll post any problems I run into.
    Eastern Beaver makes & sells well made products. It arrived from Japan in 3-4 days. This is only my second purchase from Jim in 7-8 years, he has a quality product, great service @ a fair price...

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I got the Eastern Beaver, I like having the pos. & neg., 6 switched lugs & 2 always hot from the battery, all fused, under the cover. I Velcrowed the left side of the fuse block to the right edge of the strap that holds the battery in, & the right side Velcrowed to the plastic cover that protects the positive post. Then using the top & bottom screw holes on the Eastern Beaver I zip tied it to the strap holding the battery in. Seems to be very secure.
    I P/U the power for the 6 "fused switched lugs" from inside the OEM fuse block, using the "switched hot" screw in top left corner. The 2 "fused battery hot" lugs straight off the positive post. Ground to the neg. battery & then to the frame. I put red heat shrink over all the hot wires for extra safety.
    Right now, I only have my heated RDL on the switched lug, my electric bag opener on the battery hot lug. I plan on feeding my accessory power outlets & future lights off the Eastern Beaver in the near future. == I'll post any problems I run into.
    Eastern Beaver makes & sells well made products. It arrived from Japan in 3-4 days. This is only my second purchase from Jim in 7-8 years, he has a quality product, great service @ a fair price...
    Post some picts of the install when you have a chance.

I forgot to take some, pics like that have never been my thing. I told Jim, owner of Eastern Beaver I would send him some. With my custom seat, I have to take it off & the Corbin Smuggler off, to get the side panel off to get to the fuse panel. I'll be putting some lights on in a couple of weeks, I'll take them then.