A Beautiful Day in Colorado for a Ride!!!!

Thread: A Beautiful Day in Colorado for a Ride!!!!

A Beautiful Day in Colorado for a Ride!!!!

It was a beautiful day along the Front Range in Colorado so I took by "B" out for its first ride of 2018. Got in almost 200 miles, riding through Woodland Park to Deckers to Pine to Pine Junction (that is always such a great ride; no ice, but lots of sand and gravel), and then down US-285 to Denver and over to Centennial to have lunch with one of my riding buddies. Home via US-83 south to Colorado Springs. Temperatures at 7,000 to 8,000 feet were mostly in the 50s, and then in the upper 60s in the flatlands. Not a cloud in the sky! Just awesome. Lots and lots of bikes out today, along with too many cages. Predominately bikes were V-Twins, but did see some GL1800s and one F6B (but did not get the color).

On the Deckers Road when I was heading north I met a GL1800 and a white 2018 Wing headed south. I guess they made the same loop that I did in the other direction, as when I was headed south on -83 I saw them again, now headed north through Parker.

Hope several of you were able to ride and had a great day!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    It was a beautiful day along the Front Range in Colorado so I took by "B" out for its first ride of 2018. Got in almost 200 miles, riding through Woodland Park to Deckers to Pine to Pine Junction (that is always such a great ride; no ice, but lots of sand and gravel), and then down US-285 to Denver and over to Centennial to have lunch with one of my riding buddies. Home via US-83 south to Colorado Springs. Temperatures at 7,000 to 8,000 feet were mostly in the 50s, and then in the upper 60s in the flatlands. Not a cloud in the sky! Just awesome. Lots and lots of bikes out today, along with too many cages. Predominately bikes were V-Twins, but did see some GL1800s and one F6B (but did not get the color).

On the Deckers Road when I was heading north I met a GL1800 and a white 2018 Wing headed south. I guess they made the same loop that I did in the other direction, as when I was headed south on -83 I saw them again, now headed north through Parker.

Raised in Denver after World War II and lived there until 1963...Sure miss the mountains and the general area...Sister lives in Boulder and has a son who rides a HD. He has invited me to come ride with him this summer...Maybe, if I can....Regards...BTW, we just got 7 inches of snow here in Michigan so riding is out for a while...

Opas. Since you lived here you well know that our big snow season along the front range should be here in a couple of weeks. And I sure hope it comes. It is sooooo dry. If it stays this way, the fire season will be ugly.

I miss Colorado too, lived there back in the 80’s, I had a Suzuki Cavalcade and I would ride the Peak to Peak highway out of Longmont, really miss that road.

I putted up to Mishwaka then hit Masonville and Horestooth lake. Nice loop but way shorter then your ride. I had to get in my range time at Great Guns too. Nice the winds held off til the evening but it's howling now.

I ride that route backwards - coming out of Denver down to woodland park. Beautiful run and sometimes it's gets good and I go south from woodland once I get there :-).havent been able to ride since September problems with fractured Femurs but another check in with the surgeon this month and I should be good to go ! Well let's be real. I'll see the surgeon and if I can hold the bike up - I'm RIDIN'.....

I'm in Centennial too. We should all get together sometime for an F6B meet and greet for those of us that live in the Metro area. It might be nice to know a few people locally and to see what others have done with their bikes. Are there a bunch from this area on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    I'm in Centennial too. We should all get together sometime for an F6B meet and greet for those of us that live in the Metro area. It might be nice to know a few people locally and to see what others have done with their bikes. Are there a bunch from this area on this site?
    Good idea when the weather is more predictable for planning to get together. I know that there are F6B riders in Elizabeth, Severance, and Denver. I saw a 2015 Blue a couple of times near Woodland Park last summer also, but was always going the other way. Let's keep this in mind! Hopefully others will chime in.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I'm in Aurora. Would be great to meet other F6B riders in the area and hang out. Maybe pick a place and time for breakfast ,lunch whatever and ride to meet and greet. Still healing from fractured femurs (NOT bike related ) so maybe in the spring before i can roll.

A bunch of us will see you in August.
    I have ridden in your state a few times and have
    been lucky enough to find a postcard around every bend.
    Had to laugh when wife, who was ridding in front of me
    Yelled over the intercom Have you noticed there are no Damn guard rails!!!!!!