2018 Goldwing ENGINE DRONE ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Goldwing ENGINE DRONE ???

As many on this board will tell you our older Valkyries did the miles, I
    suspect that as long as the tabs last on our plastics we will be able to do 200k easy.

Guys maybe it's possible we are showing our age..The new bike DCT,reverse,cruise,in dash navi,and 85lb. Lighter and we still bitchin.No I'm not running out and buying one just yet but only 6 months ago their was skepticism we would see a new wing..Yes it's not perfect but it's damn nice,as for the engine not sure how much testing on the bikes but I know car engines incredible impressive testing..The paint is big improvement of course that was easy to upgrade .One thing for sure gonna let em depreciate as many of us learned with our f6bs which have been under a ted unjustly.

He lost me with all his *itchin !!!

Here is the video review that I mentioned in the earlier post that identified the engine drone (@ timecode 8:40).

Last edited by ths61; 03-08-2018 at 03:33 PM.

I finally rode the new DCT 2018 Wing today. The technology and automatic transmission is awesome. However, I told the dealer I loved the transmission and tech improvements but hated riding the motorcycle. My F6B has a Mustang seat and it is very comfortable sitting me down in the frame of the bike. I felt like I was sitting on top of the new Wing and did not care for that position. It reminds me of a former BMW I owned and did not like. I am sure aftermarket seats will soon be available but, for now, I will stay with my comfortable and reliable old 2013 F6B. We It has over 41,000 great miles and many more to go. As far as the mentioned drone, I was more sensitive to the clicking the transmission made going through the gears. I guess I was expecting it to be more seamless.

I personally have not noticed the "drone" people are talking about but maybe it's because I wear ear plugs when I ride. Also, I don't think the pipes are loud at all. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Headpeon View Post
    I personally have not noticed the "drone" people are talking about but maybe it's because I wear ear plugs when I ride. Also, I don't think the pipes are loud at all. JMO.
    That would be why.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537