Anyone riding with a Klock Werks shield?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone riding with a Klock Werks shield?

Anyone riding with a Klock Werks shield?

Hello everyone, I just purchased a ‘16 deluxe and have been researching new windshields. I live in Western NY so I’ve only had a couple of days to take short rides with the stock shield and can tell it will be my first modification. I did a search and couldn’t find anything on Klock Werks so I apologize if this has been discussed before. Many of you seem to like the bagger shield and Madstad but I like the looks of a one piece, non adjustable shield. I definitely want to look over the shield so the distortion caused by the curved shape shouldn’t be a big issue for me. Unfortunately I don’t live close to a shop that does the “try before you buy” program so I’m going to lean on info I get here before I order online.
    If anyone has any experience with these I would like to hear what you have to say and what size shield you ride with. I’m 6’3” with a 34” inseam just for comparison.

Thanks in adavance! Tim

This forum went to a new site a month or so ago and searches do not work against the old posts, although they do exist.

If you google this without the quotation marks it will search the site for Klock Werks: "klock werks site:hondaf6b.com"
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Windshield is usually first change then followed by seat. You need to get the right seat first then make the right decision about the shield type and height. Lots of us here have multiple seats and shields
    as a result of all the experimentations. I am 6-5 with a 36 inch inseam. Settled with Baggershield adjustable with Ultimate King seat and ergo 3 pegs. Great adjustability with this set up. You are going
    to get a ton of us with different exceptions to my set up, but each person is different

Thanks for the replies and the link but most of those are old for sale threads. I’m definitely sticking with the stock seat for a while since I’ve barely logged any miles. I know all riders are different but I’ll take any input I can gather. Who knows maybe I’ll go a different direction but this is the one shield I can’t find a lot of input from users.
    Thanks again for your time, Tim

Not a problem, just some advice you may want to go with an adjustable windshield in case you make a seat change. The various seat options will raise/lower you or move you forward/back in seat position from stock

You may also want to take a look at Clear View shields. I have 2 of them(Touring, & Sport Touring) for different times of the year. I actually like the Sport Touring best because it lets a bit more air reach me. Both of mine are the "Short", or "Small"(whatever they call them) and work great for me being only 5'8". I easily look over them.

Love My KlockWerks

Quote Originally Posted by oboy66 View Post
    Hello everyone, I just purchased a ‘16 deluxe and have been researching new windshields. I live in Western NY so I’ve only had a couple of days to take short rides with the stock shield and can tell it will be my first modification. I did a search and couldn’t find anything on Klock Werks so I apologize if this has been discussed before. Many of you seem to like the bagger shield and Madstad but I like the looks of a one piece, non adjustable shield. I definitely want to look over the shield so the distortion caused by the curved shape shouldn’t be a big issue for me. Unfortunately I don’t live close to a shop that does the “try before you buy” program so I’m going to lean on info I get here before I order online.
    If anyone has any experience with these I would like to hear what you have to say and what size shield you ride with. I’m 6’3” with a 34” inseam just for comparison.

Thanks in adavance! Tim
    I have the 14" KlockWerks Flare and I love it. The re-curve at the top is very effective, as I only get a bit of wind on the top of my helmet. IMO it's the best looking F6B shield on the market. The only drawback is the price -- it's definitely on the high side.

Thanks Dave, that’s a great picture of your bike! I have the white also, but I really like the black fairing on yours. Looks great. Out of curiosity how tall are you and are you still riding the stock seat?

Six2go, I’ll definitely check out Clearview. I didn’t realize they had an F6B option. Thanks
    Last edited by oboy66; 03-05-2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Add comment

Quote Originally Posted by oboy66 View Post

Thanks in adavance! Tim
    I have a 16" knock works and a medium Clearview. The knock is good but I like the Clearview better. Clearview adjusts .75 inches and in my opinion is better quality. As far as protection they are about the same. Clearview with a vent is about the same price as the kw without.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I have a 16" knock works and a medium Clearview. The knock is good but I like the Clearview better. Clearview adjusts .75 inches and in my opinion is better quality. As far as protection they are about the same. Clearview with a vent is about the same price as the kw without.
    How tall are you and do you look over the medium Clearview? Tint? Sport or Sport Tour? I'm pretty sure I am going to get a Clearview.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic