Timing Chain Cover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing Chain Cover

Timing Chain Cover

My timing chain cover has an area about the size of a quarter where the paint has been chipped off. I'm thinking about having it powder coated but I'd like to find another cover (preferably used) to have coated and then install it. I've googled used goldwing parts without any luck. Looking for ideas! I have found several chrome stick ons but that does not interest me. Got help? Thanks

timing chain cover.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver
    wide variety of music on the USB

Go to color rite and get a can of paint and spray it that would be the easy way to go my friend.

shortleg has it right. Get the ColorRite. Best match going. If yours is the matte gray, here's the one you want.

https://www.colorrite.com/product/ho...allic-1423.cfm

+1 on Colorrite, used them on my 1200 and 1500, great paint match!

Update - After removing the cover and inspecting it there are several areas that the paint seems to be bubbling and I decided to take it to the shop and have it powder coated. My guess is that it didn't get treated and cleaned before going to the paint booth at the factory so it's a $50 investment that I'm happy to make. I'll post after pictures when I get it back.Timing chain cover.JPGtiming chain cover edges.JPG

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver

I will save the info on Colorrite because I'm sure it will come in handy at some point. Do you get it from the dealer, on line, parts house or paint store? Thanks

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver

What hat was involved in removing the cover? Do you have to place a pan underneath to catch oil? Was there sealer that needed to be cleaned off?

My cover is similar and each time I clean and inspect the cover, I find road debris from the front tire. Was thinking of replacing the cover and putting a fender extension on so it won’t happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimamiah View Post
    Update - After removing the cover and inspecting it there are several areas that the paint seems to be bubbling and I decided to take it to the shop and have it powder coated. My guess is that it didn't get treated and cleaned before going to the paint booth at the factory so it's a $50 investment that I'm happy to make. I'll post after pictures when I get it back.Timing chain cover.JPGtiming chain cover edges.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jimamiah View Post
    Mine has looked the same from day one. It's something not seen easily but it came from the dealer that way. I too am interested in the removal process and how yours turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    What hat was involved in removing the cover? Do you have to place a pan underneath to catch oil? Was there sealer that needed to be cleaned off?

My cover is similar and each time I clean and inspect the cover, I find road debris from the front tire. Was thinking of replacing the cover and putting a fender extension on so it won’t happen again.
    Hey, Joflewbyu2.... you might want to do a search of the forum for fender extensions. Several folks have experienced problems with them. Apparently the fender plastic is a little weak and the extensions tend to break the fender. That may not be the best way to go.

Ride safe!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Cyclemax has this................

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl18.../318817/207349

There's also one called "Extenda Fenda" ......somewhere.