Arnott Suspension, Why the HIGH Price for Goldwing

Thread: Arnott Suspension, Why the HIGH Price for Goldwing

Arnott Suspension, Why the HIGH Price for Goldwing

Was considering to upgrade to Arnott Air, and the F6B is the most expensive system they offer,

The Harleys all have 2 shocks and are cheaper, the older Hondas are all cheaper. So why price gouge us?
    I wonder why we are the special ones on pricing.

I could see the justification if they had a upgraded gauge system included, no that is ala cart.
    Must be a hd compressor for my big butt. Gonna give them a call and see if they can sway me away from my progressive install.

THAT IS SOME SERIOUS COIN FOR A SHOCK!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Sometimes price reflects production costs. For example, maybe when they shut down the assembly line to switch over from making Harley shocks to Goldwing shocks, they might have just finished producing 20,000 Harley shocks, and now they they are shutting it down to make 40 Goldwing shocks. Each shut down is 4 hours ... or 4 hours of no production. The shutdown cost is part of the cost to build each shock. For the GW shock, the 4 hours of lost time has to be absorbed by only 40 units.
    Last edited by druggr; 03-06-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    They are WORTH the money !!!!!

I have 2 Arnott shocks in a German built car that I drive everyday. I replaced the OEM air shocks with Arnott, they are worth every dime.
    Arnott is the number one aftermarket air suspension shock producer preferred by owners of German built cars. I have not experienced a Arnott shock on a Motorcycle, however my experience with their shocks on my car has been perfect.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Sometimes you can do better buying from a vendor.