MADSTAD 20% off until 3-11-18 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MADSTAD 20% off until 3-11-18

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I just ordered mine about an hour ago. My Clearviews have served me well, but there's something better out there I gotta try it.
    good move
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Holliwood View Post
    I just ordered the MadStad 15" Clear using the discount code. Thanks to Masonmike for telling me about the code and also for coming over for a beer and helping me decide on the size I would order. Although I am 6' w/33" inseam I decided to go with a 2" larger shield then what MadStad suggests based in part on John Keller's UTube video. The MadStad will replace an XL Clearview which I found was better then the stock shield but still buffeting on the top 1/3 of my helmet. I am hoping the MadStad provides calmer air. I'll let you know later or at the Cherokee Rally for those who will be there.
    uh oh, now the pressure is on me, But glad my video helped. Almost took that one down since my wife said i was way to hyper! Get ready to be very happy. If you do not do a ton of night riding, you should really consider calling on Monday and getting the medium gray, I am even OK with it at night in lowest position you will be fine, you will see over the shield when you straighten your back a little, and boy it just looks great on the bike. Now if you do not straighten your back, you will still see over the shield but about 70 feet vs 40 feet in front of you. I just got back from an hour ride and basically leave mine now in the lowest position, tilted all the way back. 85 mph, and there is just a nice clean stream of air....still very happy. Now on cold days or wife on the back, the shield does come up and angled out a little. let me know how you like it.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

I do not have a problem with the medium gray Madstad windshield at night. I can look right through it with no issues. The stock headlights on the F6B work well.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I do not have a problem with the medium gray Madstad windshield at night. I can look right through it with no issues. The stock headlights on the F6B work well.
    I basically feel the same way, my eyes aren't the greatest at 53 years old, but I did have LASIK surgery around 36, I had bad stigmatism so I do have a little bit of halos, I actually think looking through the shield take some of that away, some people or more picky than I about safety and again I'm okay with it, looking through the shield at medium Gray, at 6-foot though he should be looking over the shield in its lowest position again anywhere from 50 to 70 feet in front of them, I think you will second the motion that Medium grey will look much better than the clear

Mine was delivered Wednesday as scheduled. Didn't have a chance to mess with it until this evening. Got it installed, now waiting for that first rideable day. Maybe tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Mine was delivered Wednesday as scheduled. Didn't have a chance to mess with it until this evening. Got it installed, now waiting for that first rideable day. Maybe tomorrow?
    Enjoy it! Let us know what you think

I got mine delivered last Tuesday and installed it the same evening. So far so good, but haven't had much of a chance to play around with it. I ran some black weather strip along where the plate meets the dash to fill some gap, also ran my GPS power cable through there and now have it mounted on the dash and hid behind the black mounting plate.

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    I just got the Spring flyer for those of you that want a MADSTAD shield. 20% off is a great deal. I just ordered me a 15" clear. Code is "MADSPRING20"