New Bag for the Rear Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bag for the Rear Seat

Change isn’t always for the better. I enjoyed our riding together. Hope you’re doing well!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    You may not remember me but I was at the "B" get together in Colo. a couple of years ago. The bag I had was the earlier version of the one F6Bster is talking about. Great bag
    Attachment 8284

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    You may not remember me but I was at the "B" get together in Colo. a couple of years ago. The bag I had was the earlier version of the one F6Bster is talking about. Great bag
    Attachment 8284
    I was at the Montrose Colorado "B" get together also. I'm the Steve that stayed in the hotel across the street.

My Kury bag is the same as the one in the picture. It's a bit faded but still holding together well.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Over the years, on a variety of big bikes (for touring), I've had good results from Saddlemen products.

I've used this one on the rear seat, but had to put protective film material on the top of the OEM saddlebags to avoid possible scratching. You also have to be fairly creative with the type of straps or bungees you use to secure it to the OEM passenger handrail.

I'll also use their rack-mountable barrel bag on my B.

F6B SW-WA 5R12.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    For longer trips I add this to the luggage rack.

With both bags I could be gone for month's at a time. I keep quick access stuff in the top and sides of the Kuryakyn bag. I also don't put clothes in the saddle bags since it's easier to unstrap the bag(s) and carry into the hotel.
    SeaSteve,
    I have the MP3 rack that was quite popular some time ago and the Honda passenger backrest. Would this Nelson Rigg Traveler Tour Trunk - NR-300 attach easily? I would like the GIVI Maxia 4 but between the silver ribbing and the price they are asking I will probably get one of these bags.
    Thanks
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I was at the Montrose Colorado "B" get together also. I'm the Steve that stayed in the hotel across the street.

My Kury bag is the same as the one in the picture. It's a bit faded but still holding together well.
    F6Bster is talking about the Cortez rally, not the No Frills Rally I organized, out of Montrose.

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    SeaSteve,
    I have the MP3 rack that was quite popular some time ago and the Honda passenger backrest. Would this Nelson Rigg Traveler Tour Trunk - NR-300 attach easily? I would like the GIVI Maxia 4 but between the silver ribbing and the price they are asking I will probably get one of these bags.
    Thanks
    I'd say Yes. The NR-300 has four well placed straps on each corner. The straps, and the clips, are solid and should loop down and attach the bag to most any rack. (I've got the Show Chrome rack but jmdaniels showed me the MP3 version.) It has a good solid fit on my rack with the right side of the bag resting against the antenna.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    F6Bster is talking about the Cortez rally, not the No Frills Rally I organized, out of Montrose.
    Got it...Wrong group.