Sena Freewire

Thread: Sena Freewire

Sena Freewire

Hello guys. I am in the process of buying a Sena freewire for my F6B but I'm a little bet confused. Do I need to have a headset to hear my iphone music trough the bike speakers connected with the freewire? I can't really find the right answers and I would like to know before I buy this item. I don't have a headset on my helmet, and I don't really want to buy this device if it doesn't connect directly to my bike and besides is pretty price. I watched a video on YouTube that states that you can connect a smartphone directly to the infotainment system on the bike, and even though the device was for the Harley he said it works as well for the Goldwing. I asked on Amazon where you can ask the community but I had conflicting answers, hence my confusion. I know there is a yellow version for the Harley and Goldwing and a red for the Goldwing.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by perohijo; 03-11-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Hello guys. I bought a Sena freewire for my F6B but I'm a little bet confused. Do I need to have a headset to hear my iphone music trough the bike speakers connected with the freewire? I can't really find the right answers and I would like to know before they ship this item. I don't have a headset on my helmet, and I don't really want to buy this thing if it doesn't connect directly to bike.
    Any help appreciated.
    Any ideas? I cancelled the order before it shipped. I guess I'll wait to find out.

The freewire and their sm10 are intended for use with a headset'
    The way they work is you plug your headset plug{on left] into the freewire
    Then pair your phone to the freewire and anything that would play through
    the headset plug will play by way of Bluetooth to your Bluetooth headset.
    You would also have to pair your headset to the freewire.
    Unless you have a CB I think you would be better of with a SM10.
    You should be able to plug your phone into the 3.5 in the left cubby.
    I donot have an iPhone so cant answer questions about them.
    I have Sena,s 20s and have my phone and XM radio and thumb drive all through
    to my headset.
    Hope that answers some questions
    After rereading your post are you hooking this to a 2018 model or an older model.
    Last edited by shortleg0521; 03-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Mine is a 2015. Since I have an Iphone X that doesn't have an aux connection, I was looking to connected with a more powerful bluetooth device. I already have a Bluetooth connection but the problem is that is a cheap unit and connects to the aux jack and it hides under the cuby because is interconnected with power outlet, so there is no way to get the aux cable out. I think for now I'm going to disconnect the Bluetooth and connect my phone with an aux/power adapter. Then I will get an A/B switch if I want to connect an XM radio I already have since I already have the power outlet. I guess the only downside is that I won't be able to switch songs on my Iphone using the bike controls, but it is what it is. I looked into using the SM10 but it seems to have the same issue if I want to use the Bluetooth.

Then what you can do is order the less expensive sm 10 and pair your phone to it and get the adapter that goes from the 5 pin din plug to a 3.5
    and plug it into.
    the sm 10 and also pair your head set to the sm10
    This way you can answer your phone, make calls and listen to any music from phone or bike through headset.
    OH, that darn Apple company ounce they got you, you are there and that's it.
    Don't they make an adapter to give you a 3.5 plug.

You got that right man. I don't have a headset but I will check on the sm10. The little guy I have on my bike is really not very good. I already ordered the adapter for my phone. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Hello guys. I am in the process of buying a Sena freewire for my F6B but I'm a little bet confused. Do I need to have a headset to hear my iphone music trough the bike speakers connected with the freewire? I can't really find the right answers and I would like to know before I buy this item. I don't have a headset on my helmet, and I don't really want to buy this device if it doesn't connect directly to my bike and besides is pretty price. I watched a video on YouTube that states that you can connect a smartphone directly to the infotainment system on the bike, and even though the device was for the Harley he said it works as well for the Goldwing. I asked on Amazon where you can ask the community but I had conflicting answers, hence my confusion. I know there is a yellow version for the Harley and Goldwing and a red for the Goldwing.

Any help will be appreciated.
    I have the sena sph10h ( which is an older version of the newer sena but i am sure still connects same) on my open face and have the Hawk helmet with Blinc Bluetooth full face. Both helmets connect to my phone perfect. I then installed the 3.5 in the left cubby along with the 12 volt. When i plug my phone in the 3.5 and connect Bluetooth, on either helmet. All music apps, pandora, youtube, etc, comes through the speakers and all phone call apps, skype, alexa, phone, etc comes through the headset...its perfect! un plug the 3.5 and everything comes thru the helmet! I then put velcro strips across the glove box, and the other part of velcro on back of my phone (fuzzy part on my phone) $4.00 at target. there is your phone/nav in perfect spot. I tucked the stock headset connector under the cubby, since i never used that connector, and now run my 3.5 and power cord though there. Yes it dangles when not connected but oh well....perfect...velcro you say ...wow dangerous for a $600 phone you may say. I have 13k on the bike and 12500 of that with my phone attached, never lost a phone. Went over bumps with the claw holders on my old gl1800 and smashed two phones all over the hwy...velcro is way to go bro!! Good luck.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    I have the sena sph10h ( which is an older version of the newer sena but i am sure still connects same) on my open face and have the Hawk helmet with Blinc Bluetooth full face. Both helmets connect to my phone perfect. I then installed the 3.5 in the left cubby along with the 12 volt. When i plug my phone in the 3.5 and connect Bluetooth, on either helmet. All music apps, pandora, youtube, etc, comes through the speakers and all phone call apps, skype, alexa, phone, etc comes through the headset...its perfect! un plug the 3.5 and everything comes thru the helmet! I then put velcro strips across the glove box, and the other part of velcro on back of my phone (fuzzy part on my phone) $4.00 at target. there is your phone/nav in perfect spot. I tucked the stock headset connector under the cubby, since i never used that connector, and now run my 3.5 and power cord though there. Yes it dangles when not connected but oh well....perfect...velcro you say ...wow dangerous for a $600 phone you may say. I have 13k on the bike and 12500 of that with my phone attached, never lost a phone. Went over bumps with the claw holders on my old gl1800 and smashed two phones all over the hwy...velcro is way to go bro!! Good luck.
    As mentioned before I use the SM 10 to also bring direction from GPS. When plugged into the SM 10
    it will override music and give directions.