Initial Dnyo numbers ...

Thread: Initial Dnyo numbers ...

Initial Dnyo numbers ...

"... Running the 1,833cc six-cylinder on the dyno in fourth gear, we got a peak horsepower of 97.85 at 5,500 rpm and a peak torque of 108.41 pound-feet at 1,210 rpm. ..."

Cycle World - 2018-honda-gold-wing-dyno

That is ~ 3/5 hp less and 3/5 ft lbs more than a F6B. I wasn’t sure if manual or DCT tested but after watching the video closely, you can see the left hand pull in the clutch and the left foot put the bike in gear. Watching the blurr on his right hand looks like the editor cropped the shifting out. Was it to confuse us? Am I wrong and it is a DCT? What are other members thought?
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 03-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

My 2015 F6B had the ECU flashed. It is quite a bit quicker than stock. But, I find the HP readings a bit lacking. Thinking back to the old VALK with the beautiful motor in the late '90s, I believe we had dyno numbers around 115 - 120. LaMonster would know. Maybe some of you remember better than me, too.

The 2018 BMW K16B dynos at around 129 RWHP ... torque is less, maybe 105ish. And, that bike weighs around 85 - 90 pounds less than the NEW Wing. I guess if one were looking for acceleration, the BMW would be the pick. I am looking forward to a head to head comparison of the Grand America and the NEW Wing, or the K15B and the non-tour GW. Should be interesting.

The graph ....
    Is it compensated for? alt and etc?
    next its a strange looking graph.

I own a 1995 Valkyrie with a La Monster supercharger installed with a custom drive wheel boost is at 15 lbs. RWHP is at 160 at the ground and 158 ft,lb torque.The motorcycle also has a corbin seat, boost guage,digital amp meter,hard bags,windshield,engine gaurds,road lights.The bike rides and runs good.James W.

I have a 2015 Honda F6B Deluxe with a fraction full monte with the triple brace.It made a big difference in the ride and handling of the motorcycle well worth the money.Traxxion employees are very professional.James W

Quote Originally Posted by James Wright View Post
    I own a 1995 Valkyrie
    Didn't they start manufacturing the Valkyrie in '96...?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Didn't they start manufacturing the Valkyrie in '96...?

Jason
    First Valkyrie's that were available to the public were the early 97 "BumbleBee colors of yellow and black as far I as I know...At least that was all we could get at the dealer I sold bikes at back then..Later the Turquoise and Black Tourer came out.....Regards

That's what I was thinking, Opas ride. Honda started manufacturing in '96, first model available in '97. Thus my curiosity about James Wright owning a '95.

Jason