Trailer Hitch? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Hitch?

I had the Rivco on my 05 Wing. It attached directly to the frame and not too bad an installation. The Kury and Add-On hitches only attach to the saddlebag framework, which, IMO, is not designed to handle the stress of that kind of load.

A hitch that attaches to the bike's frame is the only way to go. Rivco and Bushtec are the only ones that do that, to my knowledge. On a Wing forum, there is a trailer sub-forum with excellent info from smart people. Check it out.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Over 8,000 miles, now planning road trips.

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    A hitch that attaches to the bike's frame is the only way to go. Rivco and Bushtec are the only ones that do that, to my knowledge.
    Because of your posting, timjoebob, I just purchased the Rivco (eight pounds total weight) for my Red Queen. I found the Escape diamond trailer being sold for a good price locally, and am going to pick it up tomorrow. Now to figure out the wiring....
    http://www.1motorcycletrailers.com/e...daluminum.html

This bike is SO much FUN to work on. This from someone who never even found the release latch for the engine on her former vehicles.

Thanks, timjoebob!
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Hi Folks, I would like some pros & cons as to your trailer hitch brand and performance. TIA, cueman
    We have installed the Kuryakin hitch. The fit and finish is beautiful and the receiver is removable. When the hitch arm is on it clears the bottom of the fender and does not look out of place. 6 mounting points and all hidden, except for one bolt under each saddle bag. LOVE this piece of hardware.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    I found the Escape diamond trailer being sold for a good price locally, and am going to pick it up tomorrow. Now to figure out the....
    :
    CUSTOM PAINT!!!!

I have run the Chinese hitches low end price on all 3 Wings and never had a problem. The last was from Wing Stuff. I pull a Bunkhouse camper with my F6B and have rode through The Dragon. Piece of cake. I pull 300 lbs with less than 30 lb tongue weight. Any hitch will do.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I have the Add On vertical hitch on my F6B ...also had one on my 07 Wing...I like them

I have an Add On from wing giant and have had no problems with it. This pic was taken after trailer was unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    I have an Add On from wing giant and have had no problems with it. This pic was taken after trailer was unloaded.

You should have put a Harley on that trailer for a pic. It would be priceless

I have been thinking about trailering a sport bike to the sweet spots with the 6. Has anyone ever seen this done or have any thoughts about this?
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob View Post
    I have been thinking about trailering a sport bike to the sweet spots with the 6. Has anyone ever seen this done or have any thoughts about this?
    If you find a light enough trailer, why not? Here's one:

http://www.discount-trailers.com/trailer-in-a-bag.htm