Do you 'lock it up'... on overnight tour stops?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you 'lock it up'... on overnight tour stops?

Do you 'lock it up'... on overnight tour stops?

I've never put on a security lock on any previous bike I've owned. but the F6B is a bigger investment.

So... do you lock up your bike? and if so...how?

thanks

No.

I don't even lock the handlebars.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

When traveling, on overnight stops I lock the ignition and the forks and then I put a half cover on the bike. The half cover doesn't really add any security but it keeps everything on the top part of the bike out of sight. I also make an effort to park the bike in a well lighted area and if in a motel where it can be seen by the desk clerk if possible. Maybe I have just been lucky but I have never had anyone disturb my bike while parked. I have come out to find the bike on its side because a careless driver bumped it but that i am sure was accidental.

I think you should do what makes you comfortable but shady people seem to have lost interest in motorcycles.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
    Az Wingrider

I always lock my forks and the bags. Remove the GPS and anything that might get attention. Many years ago I used a half cover on my 1800 Wing but gave that up after one trip back east. Rain makes for a wet cover and then you got to do something with it. So, about 130k miles on the Wing and never had any problems with anyone messing with the bike (knock on wood). I do have a Gorilla alarm (cheap version without the remote alert on the fob) and I set it at night at the hotel/motel. Just a little extra something that makes me feel better. Had one on my Wing also.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I always get a ground floor room and drive it in!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Never lock mine or the bags here in Colorado or anywhere I have left it at the motels not sure if anyone can even figure out the bag latches unless they are a winger....and wings are not high on the theft list. Lol.
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail

I worry more about intentional damage, empting my storage or removing my do dads but not the theft of the bike. Never have used the fork locks on any bike. Besides bike gone equals new bike, who hoo!

I lock the forks and the bags generally. In all actuality in 20+ years of riding I've only had my bags messed with once and that was at work. There's always the occasional mystery ding but actual messed with only once.

I park it under the security light, remove everything and then keep my fingers crossed. I try not to obsess over it after a friend of mine had his bike stolen. Security camera showed that some guys in a wrecker just picked it up and drove away.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

Lots of motels will let you park right outside the entrance, as long as others can come & go, why not..