Ergo III highway pegs.

Thread: Ergo III highway pegs.

Ergo III highway pegs.

Read all the reviews about the Ergos and Rivco highway pegs. Ergo win that battle. Anyone have any problems with the Ergo III pegs? Planning a trip this summer, and so far, haven't really needed a different foot position. But I will have at least one day over 700 miles so I probably need something.

Thanks.

Love my Ergo 111's.Have had them for about a year and they work well-no problems with them.Lots of adjustments on them to fit your needs.I too don't really need a different position for most rides but on those longer 500-700 mile days on the interstate they sure are nice.

Oh yeah. I have a 32 inch inseam if that makes a difference.

I too am debating between Rivco and Ergos. Your feedback has helped. also, Rivco doesn't make black pegs (other than the aero pegs).

We have a lot of customers that will tell you that either one is the best (for them). We actually sell about equal of both.

I have the Ergo III's on mine. They are adjustable for just about anyone. If you are going very aggressively into curves you will want to get your feet off of them and let them come up, they will scrape if not.

I know this is an old thread, but what floor board and heel/toe set up are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    We have a lot of customers that will tell you that either one is the best (for them). We actually sell about equal of both.

I have the Ergo III's on mine. They are adjustable for just about anyone. If you are going very aggressively into curves you will want to get your feet off of them and let them come up, they will scrape if not.

I have yet to tackle adjusting mine, when I bought the bike they were on it, apparently backwards or on the wrong sides, reading the instruction manual is like an engineering class.

I have the Rivco on my Wing and the Ergo 3 on my f6b. Liked the ergo at first now they stick and do not retract back up when you move your feet. Tried to lube them and It did nothing. For that reason alone Rivco are much better pegs. Plus Rivco has great customer service. Kuryakyn has none.

My bike came with Ergo II. I do like them and very comfortable I had two gripes about them. First one, the screws and grub screws eventually loosen over time; there are a lot of them, re-tighten and locktight periodically. Second, spirited turns would drag the main arm mount, this is with the pegs in the up position.

I decided to try out the Rivco highway pegs. Right away definitely high quality over the Ergo, super simple design and no slop in the pegs. Pegs up or down it's not going to touch the ground. Comforts is where it suffers. They sit higher and right on the valve covers, my ankle would touch the engine and I would have to re position my foot all the time. I feel like I'm squatting using these pegs, its not terrible but not as comfortable over the Ergo's.

So which one am I going to keep on... Rivco. I commute with my bike in the Bay Area CA, about 100 miles a day. Traffic is bad so I rarely get to use my highway pegs. 50% of my commute is lane splitting and the Rivco do not protruded past the mirrors with them down. I like how I can keep them down and hit the freeway round about and not have to worry about putting them up. If you re position you feet and angle them out comfort is fine.
    Last edited by jDracer; 08-22-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Just realized this thread is over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by jDracer View Post
    My bike came with Ergo II. I do like them and very comfortable I had two gripes about them. First one, the screws and grub screws eventually loosen over time; there are a lot of them, re-tighten and locktight periodically. Second, spirited turns would drag the main arm mount, this is with the pegs in the up position.

I decided to try out the Rivco highway pegs. Right away definitely high quality over the Ergo, super simple design and no slop in the pegs. Pegs up or down it's not going to touch the ground. Comforts is where it suffers. They sit higher and right on the valve covers, my ankle would touch the engine and I would have to re position my foot all the time. I feel like I'm squatting using these pegs, its not terrible but not as comfortable over the Ergo's.

So which one am I going to keep on... Rivco. I commute with my bike in the Bay Area CA, about 100 miles a day. Traffic is bad so I rarely get to use my highway pegs. 50% of my commute is lane splitting and the Rivco do not protruded past the mirrors with them down. I like how I can keep them down and hit the freeway round about and not have to worry about putting them up. If you re position you feet and angle them out comfort is fine.
    I have the Ergo IIIs on my F6B. Love them. Got a new Wing and knew I needed highway pegs for extended riding. No Ergo III option for the new Wings. Tried the Rivco Aero pegs for the new Wings. Really liked how they looked, but just could not get comfortable with the Aero pegs. Sent them back and just unstalled the Mick-O-Pegs. Much better
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"