Modulating LED fogs?

Thread: Modulating LED fogs?

Modulating LED fogs?

Does anybody have modulating LED fog lights? If so, which / who's modulator did you use? Mfg & P/N please. I'm going to install the Show Chrome Tridium LED light kit p/n 52-916 & want the fogs to modulate. Any help / info would be great. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Does anybody have modulating LED fog lights? If so, which / who's modulator did you use? Mfg & P/N please. I'm going to install the Show Chrome Tridium LED light kit p/n 52-916 & want the fogs to modulate. Any help / info would be great. Thanks
    You can certainly do what you want, but not legal to modulate anything other than low or high beam.

Thanks = I'll have to check that our with the tech rep from the company I might buy from. Wish he had said something when I told him what I was wanting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Thanks = I'll have to check that our with the tech rep from the company I might buy from. Wish he had said something when I told him what I was wanting to do.

I would check local or state regs. The modulating fogs may be considered "wig wags" which are only legal on emergency vehicles in most if not all states. And/or it may just boil down to what mood the officer is in that day and his interpretation of the law.

Thanks, I don't want to rub the cops the wrong way. Sometimes they can get nasty over small things, like jay walking..
    The tech rep told me they have to modulate together / at the same time, but he hasn't got back to me about weather I can modulate the fogs or not.
    I'm not in a big rush.

It seems the word "headlight" can mean, the OEM headlight, spot, driving or fog lights. Of course if the cops had a bad day, I guess he can do anything he wants.
    It is all about being seen & safe.