Zion National Park | Rick's Rides

Thread: Zion National Park | Rick's Rides

Zion National Park | Rick's Rides

Rick rides out to one of his all-time favorite places: Zion National Park in Utah. On his way, he makes a pit-stop in Las Vegas because there's always something going on there. In a way, going there first makes him appreciate the National Park even more. This is Rick's Rides.

Nice video !
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by WingStuff.com View Post
    Rick rides out to one of his all-time favorite places: Zion National Park in Utah. On his way, he makes a pit-stop in Las Vegas because there's always something going on there. In a way, going there first makes him appreciate the National Park even more. This is Rick's Rides.
    Zion is one of my favorite national parks. During my first visit there in 1999 we were still able to ride our bikes to the end of the road in the canyon, but the traffic was awful. It is much better now that private vehicles are not allow during the busy months. A large group of us have stayed at the lodge in the park in late January a couple of times, and that is my favorite time of the year. Back then there were almost no people there in January and we felt as if it was truly "our park." Just awesome!

I agree with you about the ride through the park's high country, through the tunnel, over to Mt. Carmel Junction, with sights that are out of this world. Last trip on a bike was in 2011; attached a couple of photos below. Hope to do it again in the future.

Thanks for sharing and bringing back great memories!!!
    20110512_SoUT-186a-Zion.jpg 20110512_SoUT-200a-Zion.jpg
    Last edited by F6Bster; 03-20-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Planning to do this in the end of April coming from Colorado, doing the bottom up tour....
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Zion is one of my favorite national parks. During my first visit there in 1999 we were still able to ride our bikes to the end of the road in the canyon, but the traffic was awful. It is much better now that private vehicles are not allow during the busy months. A large group of us have stayed at the lodge in the park in late January a couple of times, and that is my favorite time of the year. Back then there were almost no people there in January and we felt as if it was truly "our park." Just awesome!

I agree with you about the ride through the park's high country, through the tunnel, over to Mt. Carmel Junction, with sights that are out of this world. Last trip on a bike was in 2011; attached a couple of photos below. Hope to do it again in the future.

Thanks for sharing and bringing back great memories!!!
    20110512_SoUT-186a-Zion.jpg 20110512_SoUT-200a-Zion.jpg
    Thanks for sharing your pics and memories! I agree, January is such a perfect time to go out there...as long as you're up for some cold weather!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjava View Post
    Planning to do this in the end of April coming from Colorado, doing the bottom up tour....
    Nice! I know you'll just love it!