I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.
    Surprised? SURPRISED? Really?

That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. Sue her ass off for what she's done. Sometimes the only way you can get through to people is through their pocketbook.

Take her to the cleaners Mike. Maybe next time she won't run another biker down.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Glad your alright, sorry about the B...That really sucks. Let the wifey calm down a little, then show her the price of some fancy BMW M5 or something along those lines that you want since she says no bike and she'll change her tune

Tax so glad you walked away from that hit.
    Things could have been a lot worst.
    When the dollars come in negotiate with the wife for a new ride---new wing or corvette or both.

That's a cool vid and glad to see you walked away..lucky man. Good luck on getting another bike it might take some time.

I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Don't think all of Florida is like South Florida or even central Florida. North West is completely different, even in another time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I don't know but hopefully when I'm done he'll be standing there with his pockets turned inside out with a begging cup in his hand. I'm tired of driving for me and the other drivers around me. This lady ruined a wonderful thing for me - an escape that only those who ride can understand. My wife is scared to death, and rightfully so, and I have to resign myself to the fact that I may never sit on a bike again, unless I want to be single and alone. But I will try my best to make sure this lady that rammed into to me never does it again and that she will keep her eyes on the road. Whether she was on the phone that will come out in the litigation.
    Should we start a betting pool ?

- Phone
    - Texting
    - Applying Makeup
    - Interacting with the kid in the back seat
    - Watching the XYZ on the side of the road
    - Looking for something in her purse
    - Playing with the stereo
    - etc.

I had a woman rear end me right after I bought one of the first new models that were released in my state. The woman thought nothing of rear ending a motorcyclist with a van. No big deal, absolute disregard. Once I looked at her front and rear bumpers, I realized she was a serial repeat offender. I am surprised she still had a drivers license. She gave me fake insurance information, offered to send me a check if I didn't report it and lied to the cop and her insurance company. The cop could easily see she was lying by the damage and the eye witnesses. Her insurance company realized she was lying once they got an unaltered copy of the police report.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Surprised? SURPRISED? Really?

That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. Sue her ass off for what she's done. Sometimes the only way you can get through to people is through their pocketbook.

Take her to the cleaners Mike. Maybe next time she won't run another biker down.
    Agreed, they need to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, suing is the only legal way to teach that lesson since the laws allow them to keep their licenses. She was recklessly operating an "assault weapon".
    Last edited by ths61; 03-21-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Don't think all of Florida is like South Florida or even central Florida. North West is completely different, even in another time zone.
    You mean LA (Lower Alabama), I have been through those parts and it is just fine and not overcrowded like the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Should we start a betting pool ?

- Phone
    - Texting
    - Applying Makeup
    - Interacting with the kid in the back seat
    - Watching the XYZ on the side of the road
    - Looking for something in her purse
    - Playing with the stereo
    - etc.

I had a woman rear end me right after I bought one of the first new models that were released in my state. The woman thought nothing of rear ending a motorcyclist with a van. No big deal, absolute disregard. Once I looked at her front and rear bumpers, I realized she was a serial repeat offender. I am surprised she still had a drivers license. She gave me fake insurance information, offered to send me a check if I didn't report it and lied to the cop and her insurance company. The cop could easily see she was lying by the damage and the eye witnesses. Her insurance company realized she was lying once they got an unaltered copy of the police report.

Agreed, they need to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, suing is the only legal way to teach that lesson since the laws allow them to keep their licenses. She was recklessly operating an "assault weapon".
    In the works already, hopefully she will never do this again if I wasn't on this superior bike it could have been much different

Wow, glad to know that you are okay. That video system you have is a great add on.