I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just woke up and this is the first thing I read this morning on the board. Holy crap!

Glad your OK Mike... am sorry that your bike is not so though... I hate seeing a bike laying on it's side like a wounded animal. Moreso if the owner was laying alongside of it (thankfully not) in this case.

I agree... sue the chit out of the driver that rear ended you. Not for the money... but for the principle. That was nothing but assault with a deadly weapon for Keerists sake
    Thanks will, as the video shows she didn't even slow up till she hit me, I guess I should be thankful she actually had insurance. The bitch of it is after 4 years of tweaking that bike and getting it exactly the way I wanted it I had to wind up in front of this dingbat. It does look so pitiful laying on its' side but I'll say it again if it wasn't for the size, profile and bigness of this bike I would have been under that car instead of wedged against it. BEST BIKE ON THE PLANET.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.

Sorry for your loss and happy you are okay. Take it easy for a few days don't be in a hurry to sign off on no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The vultures are circling
    This crowd will be all lined up for the dismantle. Really sorry for your loss, and really really sorry for the ultimatum.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Wow! Just logged on and just saw this. That really sucks! Glad you are doing okay. I know a couple Dealers in Wisconsin that still have new F6Bs on their showroom floors, if you are interested. Or, maybe you like the new Gl1833. Hope you get a good settlement!

The important thing is you didn't get hurt bad, you can allways get another bike..... glad your ok

if you get another pre 2018 "B" you can transfer all your good after market goodies over to it. My insurance covers after market up to $5K. Get every penny you can.
    A buddy that did a "buy back" from his insurance co., took all his goodies off, sold what was left of the bike, brought a new bike & came out smelling like a rose, with $$ in his pocket..

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Verrazano, had this bike been smaller, lighter or narrower it would definitely been another story. The bike saved my life because had it been narrower I would have definitely been under the car. It is that wide design that stopped the bike from going under. Went to pick it up with the tow truck crankcase cracked open, busted up all over. I know I'm OK and alive but the hours I spent with that bike...damnit. It was pitiful the way it was laying there in the parking lot, they didn't even have the decency to put it on its' stand. Anyway, the INNOVV front and back camera system did its' job perfectly. Here's a link to see the front and rear action as it happened:

https://youtu.be/cPv8gE5Bgog

BTW the wife said in the hospital if I even think of getting another one she will call the lawyer immediately, discussion closed.
    I know how you feel.
    had abike that had about 70K on and had been everywhere on it. Then had a lady pull out in front of me while I was going 60 mph and I t boned her.
    When I got up and looked at my bike I felt like a Cowboy looking at his horse laying dead in front him.
    Hang in my friend and hope you feel better soon.

With you all having GEICO how many Gekos will they need for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    With you all having GEICO how many Gekos will they need for that one.
    I don't know but hopefully when I'm done he'll be standing there with his pockets turned inside out with a begging cup in his hand. I'm tired of driving for me and the other drivers around me. This lady ruined a wonderful thing for me - an escape that only those who ride can understand. My wife is scared to death, and rightfully so, and I have to resign myself to the fact that I may never sit on a bike again, unless I want to be single and alone. But I will try my best to make sure this lady that rammed into to me never does it again and that she will keep her eyes on the road. Whether she was on the phone that will come out in the litigation.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius