I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Wow, glad to know that you are okay. That video system you have is a great add on.
    Everyone should get one it was the best money I spent and will not allow the lady who hit me to lie.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Verrazano, had this bike been smaller, lighter or narrower it would definitely been another story. The bike saved my life because had it been narrower I would have definitely been under the car. It is that wide design that stopped the bike from going under. Went to pick it up with the tow truck crankcase cracked open, busted up all over. I know I'm OK and alive but the hours I spent with that bike...damnit. It was pitiful the way it was laying there in the parking lot, they didn't even have the decency to put it on its' stand. Anyway, the INNOVV front and back camera system did its' job perfectly. Here's a link to see the front and rear action as it happened:

https://youtu.be/cPv8gE5Bgog

BTW the wife said in the hospital if I even think of getting another one she will call the lawyer immediately, discussion closed.
    I’m so sorry that happened to you! I can imagine how you feel but you are still with us and that’s something to be thankful for. Right now it’s a very emotional circumstance for your wife. Give it time and she may change her mind. Lots of pouting and standing in the garage looking at the spot your bike lived may help .

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I’m so sorry that happened to you! I can imagine how you feel but you are still with us and that’s something to be thankful for. Right now it’s a very emotional circumstance for your wife. Give it time and she may change her mind. Lots of pouting and standing in the garage looking at the spot your bike lived may help .
    Anger is what comes over me whenever I look at those pictures. I have spent many happy miles on my old friend and it was all taken away in a second by some bitch who was probably texting. This was not just a bike it was THE bike I have been searching for after years of being frustrated with Harleys. I traded in my 2013 Road Glide, with 4000 miles on it, for it and took a hit but I didn't care. So many hours spent working on it adding all those accessories to get it just right and gone. Anger is the only thing I feel and it won't go away anytime soon.

Mike.........

I hope you might have some solace that quite a few of us on this forum are close to being just as pissed as you. She probably wouldn't last too long down here in Texas.

Heal up and take that Pit bull for long walk.

Mike, I just logged on and saw this, buddy.
    I'm glad you're ok physically. So sorry this happened to you.
    My money is on the bet that she was texting. IF I remember correctly, NY has a big azz fine for that.
    FWIW, I did start up and ride one of the 2018s.....it's bad to the bone, my friend...drone or no drone...LOL
    This event convinced me that I need to get one of those cameras...worth it's weight in gold in a case like this.
    I'm also with the "sue" crowd. This beotch needs to be taught a hard lesson.
    Keep us posted, old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Wow, glad to know that you are okay. That video system you have is a great add on.
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Everyone should get one it was the best money I spent and will not allow the lady who hit me to lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    My money is on the bet that she was texting. IF I remember correctly, NY has a big azz fine for that.
    FWIW, I did start up and ride one of the 2018s.....it's bad to the bone, my friend...drone or no drone...LOL
    This event convinced me that I need to get one of those cameras...worth it's weight in gold in a case like this.
    I am re-thinking my camera at this time. I wear a Ion Air Pro on my helmet.. though in an event such as Mike just endured; that camera most likely could be flung off and possibly lost (doesn't get rear video anyway... just 180 degree's of forward views). It better than nothing at the moment... does give drivers pause when they see me looking at them though.

I'm going to have a lot of time this spring/summer to work on my bike since I'll be out of work (unexpected changes at work unfortunately). So may as well get on Amazon and start looking at them....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Mike.........

I hope you might have some solace that quite a few of us on this forum are close to being just as pissed as you. She probably wouldn't last too long down here in Texas.

Heal up and take that Pit bull for long walk.
    I did and I was so out of my mind I lost my backup pair of glasses because my brand new ones were smashed in the crash. To see the computer screen I have to push the tip of my nose practically up against the screen, I look like one of those ladies in the widow mobiles in FLA. I retraced my steps but with 6 inches of snow on the ground it wasn't successful, I'll go to the $1 store and get a pair off the rack for now.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I am re-thinking my camera at this time. I wear a Ion Air Pro on my helmet.. though in an event such as Mike just endured; that camera most likely could be flung off and possibly lost (doesn't get rear video anyway... just 180 degree's of forward views). It better than nothing at the moment... does give drivers pause when they see me looking at them though.

I'm going to have a lot of time this spring/summer to work on my bike since I'll be out of work (unexpected changes at work unfortunately). So may as well get on Amazon and start looking at them....
    That sucks will, anyone with good news on the forum, I know you were going to retire soon so they made the decision for you the bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Thanks lgjhn, I know the 18's are nice but the way I had my bike between the Helis, TBR's and the RDL I was done. That was my last bike, outside of a calamity I didn't need another one so fate provided the calamity but I am going to make sure this teewhat will never have her head down in a car again unless she's a passenger and is giving a Lewinski to the driver.

I like the way you think!!!!