I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

I hope you end up with a pocket full of cash & you can buy the twin to your wrecked bike. Sometimes working on them is as relaxing & fun as riding === sometimes.
    Speaking of "old." ==My Mom use to say, "there's old & then there "OLD!"
    I'll be 76 in April. My G/F (72yo) & I still ride hard, like we're in our 30's. I'll often drag the pegs on my "B." She'll lean her Indian over too.
    I see people as young as 45-50 talk about getting old and some in worst shape than either of us.
    Being "OLD" is often a state of mind. My point, not all the "old" people in FL. are "OLD."
    There's some really good riding here in central FL. Lots of rural / back roads that'll lead to ?? & let the GPS bring us home.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.
    hahaha now that's funny but true

Lloyd, my G/F's from Ottawa, Ontario area, out in the boonies someplace. She broke horses when she was young. Still tough as nails. Likes to twist that right grip against the stop.

Mike,

Looks like that lady damaged the right rear wheel of her car as well. How in the world did that happen if she hit you from behind?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike,

Looks like that lady damaged the right rear wheel of her car as well. How in the world did that happen if she hit you from behind?
    Tax said there were 4 vehicles involved. She created a chain reaction by not maintaining control of her vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Tax said there were 4 vehicles involved. She created a chain reaction by not maintaining control of her vehicle.
    Oh. Ok... would explain it then I guess. Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Apparently more than one person was not paying attention. I see people texting while driving almost everyday.

Damn Taxfree, glad you are ok, you can make another your own, you are able, thank God !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Check out the photo, she's texting. Wonder if she's finishing up her "crash text" ??
    I have a 2017 car w/ a 11" screen. The damn thing is dangerous if you need to change the temp or fan or another radio station. It's impossible to keep eyes on road & use the touch screen . If you're on the least bit rough road, forget it, you're going to hit the wrong place on the screen. Very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike,

Yes will, the guy behind her veered to the right at the last minute trying to avoid a direct hit in the back so he clipped her at the last minute. I picked up the accident report today and she is lying through her teeth already. She claims that she was slowing down when she was struck from behind and that sent her into me. If you see the video her rate of speed is constant till she hits me only then does her rate of speed change. The way it went down, from doing accident investigation for Verizon, was both SUV's behind me were traveling at similar speeds the vehicle behind her had no indication she was slowing down because she wasn't so he maintained his traveling distance, even though it wasn't sufficient, because she never hit the brakes until impact as she was distracted, probably texting. At that point when she smashed into me it was too late for the SUV behind her and the only thing he could do is an aversion not to hit her straight on so he clipped her side which in no way could send that much force through her vehicle and strike me with the force she did. Her vehicle would have absorbed most of the impact if that was the case. That's where the video comes in and it just smashes her argument, there is software that can measure her rate of speed and show it never changed BUT I was hit in the rear and so was she which makes the point moot to the insurance company, however, it will come in very handy in the case. That sound you hear is her lawyers jaw dropping to the floor when he realizes there is a video.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 03-22-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius