I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Good to here taxfree, kind of in the same scenario myself and I'm to old to be told what to do because who knows when you wont be able to do it.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Damage so far

The damage:

Forgot to get the cracked crankcase.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The damage:

Forgot to get the cracked crankcase.
    Cuts like a knife

https://youtu.be/-sCbFTr5IpI
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a suck fest...she's most likely totaled. I'd be sick. With your situation at home and all, hopefully get what you have invested and then some. Good luck.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

That bike is scrap. My 13 had far less trauma than yours. The guy writing the estimate stopped when he got to $10,000.

Glad you are ok. Bikes can be replaced for sure. What was the ram ball mount for on th back?

Mike.............OUCH!! Looks pretty banged up for sure but those TBR's look half-ass OK, but I know I'm not looking at the whole enchilada. I would agree with several that it looks like it needs a headstone. Back in 1982, I had restored a BMW R90S to immaculate and then a senior AARP member in a Suburban pulled in front of me the FIRST FRIGGIN day I had it out. Front forks and the front tire ended up UNDER the engine. At least my Bell helmet at the time completely demolished her front windshield when my head hit it dead on. Her insurance adjuster came by my office several weeks later with a blank check ready to fill in the amount I would agree to with the release in the other hand. He filled out the check to my pleasure and I signed his release. That day I went from off-the-charts pissed to a peaceful happy camper. Her insurance company DID NOT want to go to any court in Texas as the defendant. We would have put her UNDER the nursing home. Wishing you mucho success with the opposition.....BTW, did the Helibars survive??? (I must be related to LA WELD)

Glad you are still here to tell the story. that is my biggest fear of riding, getting struck from the rear. AGAIN , glad you are ok

Not sure about other states, but in New York, you will be sued for hitting the car in front of you, Don't ask how I know, But your Lawyer should be will versed in that. but keep in mind its coming. that gets added to you sueing the one who hit you.
    Hope all works out, she was a beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Mike.............OUCH!! Looks pretty banged up for sure but those TBR's look half-ass OK, but I know I'm not looking at the whole enchilada. I would agree with several that it looks like it needs a headstone. Back in 1982, I had restored a BMW R90S to immaculate and then a senior AARP member in a Suburban pulled in front of me the FIRST FRIGGIN day I had it out. Front forks and the front tire ended up UNDER the engine. At least my Bell helmet at the time completely demolished her front windshield when my head hit it dead on. Her insurance adjuster came by my office several weeks later with a blank check ready to fill in the amount I would agree to with the release in the other hand. He filled out the check to my pleasure and I signed his release. That day I went from off-the-charts pissed to a peaceful happy camper. Her insurance company DID NOT want to go to any court in Texas as the defendant. We would have put her UNDER the nursing home. Wishing you mucho success with the opposition.....BTW, did the Helibars survive??? (I must be related to LA WELD)
    The vultures are circling

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Glad you are ok. Bikes can be replaced for sure. What was the ram ball mount for on th back?
    GoPro, thats how I was able to get the TBR footage