I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    What a suck fest...she's most likely totaled. I'd be sick. With your situation at home and all, hopefully get what you have invested and then some. Good luck.
    The hardest part is seeing her so pitiful like that, so many good times.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

The adjuster is coming Monday we'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Glad you are still here to tell the story. that is my biggest fear of riding, getting struck from the rear. AGAIN , glad you are ok

Not sure about other states, but in New York, you will be sued for hitting the car in front of you, Don't ask how I know, But your Lawyer should be will versed in that. but keep in mind its coming. that gets added to you sueing the one who hit you.
    Hope all works out, she was a beauty
    We all have GEICO so Im not sure if that makes things easier or more difficult but it should definitely make it interesting

Sorry about the bad news just logged in. I am glad you are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    We all have GEICO so Im not sure if that makes things easier or more difficult but it should definitely make it interesting
    GEICO is known to be a hard player in my area, they also do not like open and shut, you have hard evidence of liability. They give you sh8t tell them to pound sand and see ya in court.
    I would have to check with legal as to making it known about the video evidence. It is a normal procedure to show the Police evidence of this nature for report writing and is also helpful in them writing citations. Different States different rules, check with your council before agreeing to anything,,,
    Best of luck tomorrow and YES THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING!!!!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Quote Originally Posted by LA Weld View Post
    GEICO is known to be a hard player in my area, they also do not like open and shut, you have hard evidence of liability. They give you sh8t tell them to pound sand and see ya in court.
    I would have to check with legal as to making it known about the video evidence. It is a normal procedure to show the Police evidence of this nature for report writing and is also helpful in them writing citations. Different States different rules, check with your council before agreeing to anything,,,
    Best of luck tomorrow and YES THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING!!!!
    GEICO was VERY interested in the video when I mentioned it, after her long scripted speech, the agent said in a completely different tone of voice, "Oh, can you send us a copy." I told her "Sure, let me just check with my lawyer to see if that's OK to do." I knew it was OK I just wanted them to linger a little. I waited 48 hours and after a couple of very nice messages left on my answering machine pleasantly reminding me if I had the time to send the video, I sent it to her. She called me back saying from what she could see I have zero liability. Let's play ball
    Last edited by taxfree4; 03-26-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    GEICO was VERY interested in the video when I mentioned it, after her long scripted speech, the agent said in a completely different tone of voice, "Oh, can you send us a copy." I told her "Sure, let me just check with my lawyer to see if that's OK to do." I knew it was OK I just wanted them to linger a little. I waited 48 hours and after a couple of very nice messages left on my answering machine pleasantly reminding me if I had the time to send the video, I sent it to her. She called me back saying from what she could see I have zero liability. Let's play ball
    If you are experiencing post traumatic accident symptoms (physical and mental) that needs to be addressed and you should be made whole again as a result of that. Speak with your lawyer about achieving maximum compensation and restitution.

A high impact vehicular encounter such as what you had experienced will most likely have far lingering and negative effects on your future quality of life.

Last edited by willtill; 03-26-2018 at 07:13 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If you are experiencing post traumatic accident symptoms (physical and mental) that needs to be addressed and you should be made whole again as a result of that. Speak with your lawyer about achieving maximum compensation and restitution.

A high impact vehicular encounter such as what you had experienced will most likely have far lingering and negative effects on your future quality of life.

Especially with the loss of enjoyment due to the trauma this has inflicted on your spouse and her inability to fathom letting you ride again.

Just saw this thread for the first time and read every response. Sorry to hear this Mike. I echo what the majority has already said. I hope everything is more than satisfactory when all is said and done.

Can't you sue for lack of consortium?
    Cause of you get s new bike you ain't gonna be getting any consorting😁