Big Mistake on My part
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Mistake on My part

Big Mistake on My Part!

A couple of years ago I bought a 2014 F6B Deluxe. It was my first touring bike and I really enjoyed it. I went to the Daytona Bike week last year I for some reason I convinced myself I needed a Harley Road Glide Ultra with cruise control. I found a 2016 Road Glide Ultra at a good price with low miles. I traded my F6B and after a couple of month of riding and doing some custom work I came to the conclusion I really didn’t like this bike. This bike gets so hot here on Florida it almost unrideable. It’s also very heavy, not much power and handled like crap. I ended up selling the bike. Now I am looking for a 15 or 16 F6B so I can get back to riding a bike I enjoyed.
    Last edited by JBM Golf; 03-29-2018 at 07:53 PM.

There is a low mileage 15 in Mobile AL for sale by a Member here.

I came from a 2004 Road King that I bought new, to the 2015 F6B and I have to say, all the Goldwing guys have been right all these years, there is no comparison. I'll never go back!

Try to find the Deluxe model. Extras include: cruise control, center stand, passenger backrest, auto turn-off turn signals, and more.

Or here!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...xe-5-250-miles

It’s only a short ride away and it’s in great shape.

The RK would be fine if you re-map the system as they run TOoooo lean.
    The HD will as always need to be personalized and reworked to your perfection for it to be a platform of comfort.
    I am not up to speed on the computer versions---but I know there is a cure..if that is your only complaint.
    Personally, I think we all need several bikes in the stable.
    I like the F6, but it sucks for rider position comfort.
    The HD is good for some stuff, the F6 for others.

I had bad experience after buying then riding a 2016 Indian Chief. Test rode a "B", sold the Chief. After dozens of bikes over several decades, this is the best bike I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought a 2104 F6B Deluxe. It was my first touring bike and I really enjoyed it. I went to the Daytona Bike week last year I for some reason I convinced myself I needed a Harley Road Glide Ultra with cruise control. I found a 2016 Road Glide Ultra at a good price with low miles. I traded my F6B and after a couple of month of riding and doing some custom work I came to the conclusion I really didn’t like this bike. This bike gets so hot here on Florida it almost unrideable. It’s also very heavy, not much power and handled like crap. I ended up selling the bike. Now I am looking for a 15 or 16 F6B so I can get back to riding a bike I enjoyed.
    You may want to edit your post; I think the 2104 F6B Deluxes are going to be electric. Or nuclear fusion powered. Or something...

Question. You sound like the guy I bought a Mustang seat from last year. Did your favorite football team just sign a new QB for next year?

I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on all the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.