Big Mistake on My part - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Mistake on My part

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on all the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.
    Asside from wht you think is fast, please tell me what you are doing to get the crank out of your neck, and the cramps out of your legs from sitting there like a horse jocky?
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    Asside from wht you think is fast, please tell me what you are doing to get the crank out of your neck, and the cramps out of your legs from sitting there like a horse jocky?
    thanx
    Where did I mention speed in my post? I mentioned 4 things to alleviate those problems for me on the Honda.

Where did I mention speed in my post? I mentioned 4 things to alleviate those problems for me on the Honda.
    I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on
    all ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on
    all ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

Pissing match, ok. Performance=handling, braking, suspension, weight, ease of maintaining. Did I mention how much FASTER it is? It's way faster and I don't even have a red one.

Perhaps you could point me where you outlined what you did to make it more comfortable?

Perhaps you could point me where you outlined what you did to make it more comfortable?
    Outlines from my first post. BAR RISERS: raised bars to get my hands/shoulders up for COMFORT. WINDSHIELD: Clearview large/wide for the F6B to remove most wind off me while going faster than a Harley for COMFORT. PEGS: Areo Pegs and Kury drop down pegs to allow my legs to move down and forward for COMFORT. SEAT: stock seat re shaped by Bitchen Stitchen in Denver CO to get me farther back on bike, conform to my ass, and gel inserted to provide me COMFORT.

Ontario between Ottawa and Montreal, near the border
    Ewrek, I'm new here, and your measurements are not too far off mine, 6'5" and a satisfactory 270ish lbs. I just bought, or rather am in the process of buying, a 2016 F6 up here in Canada. I'm curious about the drop down pegs you have; I've looked at the Kury Miniboards with comfort drop mounts, is that what you have? or is it something else? I have seen another setup that moves your feet 3" forward and 1" down and comes with all the modifications need, but I cannot seem to find them again and can't remember the brand name for the life of me. The owner before me put on the Aero pegs, which look to be pretty adjustable, and he added bar risers, but I'm not sure what kind. Also a taller windshield, so I think the machine is pretty much there.

Thanks for any info or tips you can provide.
    Mik

Quote Originally Posted by mikoderm View Post
    Ewrek, I'm new here, and your measurements are not too far off mine, 6'5" and a satisfactory 270ish lbs. I just bought, or rather am in the process of buying, a 2016 F6 up here in Canada. I'm curious about the drop down pegs you have; I've looked at the Kury Miniboards with comfort drop mounts, is that what you have? or is it something else? I have seen another setup that moves your feet 3" forward and 1" down and comes with all the modifications need, but I cannot seem to find them again and can't remember the brand name for the life of me. The owner before me put on the Aero pegs, which look to be pretty adjustable, and he added bar risers, but I'm not sure what kind. Also a taller windshield, so I think the machine is pretty much there.

Thanks for any info or tips you can provide.
    Mik
    The Kury boards are what I have and they do adjust forward or back a few inches. I angled mine slightly downward so my boots get under the shifter easier. The best thing I did was have the seat configured to fit me. It put me back 3" and got my knee angle perfect. A taller shield is a must and the Clearview shields look good. I will load a few pics if it's not rocket science any longer.

Ontario between Ottawa and Montreal, near the border
    Excellent, Thanks very much. if I can ask, what size boot are you fitting under the shifter? I think there is someone local who is doing seats, I'll have a chat with her!

Quote Originally Posted by mikoderm View Post
    Excellent, Thanks very much. if I can ask, what size boot are you fitting under the shifter? I think there is someone local who is doing seats, I'll have a chat with her!
    Size 12. The plastic mold of the seat kinda gets in the way but the guys who did my seat heated the plastic and curved it out to get maximum set back. They did an amazing job.