The greatest highway pegs (in my opinion)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The greatest highway pegs (in my opinion)

The greatest highway pegs (in my opinion)

I've had them all on 4 previous GL1800s. I've had pegs, boards, and Mick-o-pegs. The Mick-o-pegs were probably the best but I felt that my legs were too spread out causing hip problems. I know that Jim and Jay Mick had many configurations. Last week I flew from Florida to Detroit to sit on a bike and try 6 different models to compare. The model, which I had never seen, was perfect. It puts my feet down and forward without spreading. Jay gave me a set of chrome to bring home and try with my custom seat. They felt great. I returned the set on Monday and received my black anodized set tonight. The model is GD with standard arms. If you have longer legs, you may want longer arms. The family is wonderful to deal with and Mrs. Mick makes a great broccoli cheddar soup. I've never been more pleased.

I agree, good product, good people.
    Jakec

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
    I've had them all on 4 previous GL1800s. I've had pegs, boards, and Mick-o-pegs. The Mick-o-pegs were probably the best but I felt that my legs were too spread out causing hip problems. I know that Jim and Jay Mick had many configurations. Last week I flew from Florida to Detroit to sit on a bike and try 6 different models to compare. The model, which I had never seen, was perfect. It puts my feet down and forward without spreading. Jay gave me a set of chrome to bring home and try with my custom seat. They felt great. I returned the set on Monday and received my black anodized set tonight. The model is GD with standard arms. If you have longer legs, you may want longer arms. The family is wonderful to deal with and Mrs. Mick makes a great broccoli cheddar soup. I've never been more pleased.

I second that statement,do I see a third?

Quote Originally Posted by buefchris View Post
    I second that statement,do I see a third?
    +3. Picture or link to product/picture please.

I have never ridden with Mick O Pegs, only sat on a bike to try the fit. Kuryakyn has an alternative for a a few dollars less.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/433...-Cruise-Mounts
    http://www.texascyclechrome.com/ergo...identpegs.aspx

This will come down to a personal preference I think. Personally I prefer the Kury Ergo III because I have used them and like the way they fit me.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

I bought and sold the aero pegs.... legs to short! I am interested in these but the ordering seems to hard, to get it " right "

Need to try them before buying !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ordering

I went out there. But my suggestion is to call and speak to Jay or Jim. They can help suggest what's best for you based on your comments. You can exchange or return if what you get isn't right. Based on my comments, Jay already knew to GD would be the right one for me.

Great pics. Those look really nice and functional.