Leaves, bugs, butterflies and small trash collecting behind speaker grill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaves, bugs, butterflies and small trash collecting behind speaker grill

Leaves, bugs, butterflies and small trash collecting behind speaker grill

Has anyone had this problem with there 2013 f6b? I removed the speaker grill covers to clean the dead bugs, leaves, and small paper trash stuck behind the speaker grills. Once I clean the trash and bugs they were back again in 200 miles! I used an air hose to clean around the speaker area but they returned within 200 mi.

Any fix from Honda on this problem? My major concern is trash and dead bugs collecting behind the speakers resulting in speaker failure.

We all have the same issue, but I haven't heard of a fix.

I hope you're not removing the speaker grills from the plastic, you don't need to do that. Pull up on the plastic around the ignition key and it will pop up and the junk will fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    We all have the same issue, but I haven't heard of a fix.

I hope you're not removing the speaker grills from the plastic, you don't need to do that. Pull up on the plastic around the ignition key and it will pop up and the junk will fall out.
    I am removing the whole plastic cover. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuvwj View Post
    Has anyone had this problem with there 2013 f6b? I removed the speaker grill covers to clean the dead bugs, leaves, and small paper trash stuck behind the speaker grills. Once I clean the trash and bugs they were back again in 200 miles! I used an air hose to clean around the speaker area but they returned within 200 mi.

Any fix from Honda on this problem? My major concern is trash and dead bugs collecting behind the speakers resulting in speaker failure.
    Yeah get used to it. The junk works its way out on its own eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by contek View Post
    Yeah get used to it. The junk works its way out on its own eventually.
    Same issue with all the previous versions of the Goldwing. I just pop the dash loose and blow the trash out with compressed air.

Same here.

I am so glad I saw this posting as I've only had my F6B two weeks now and it has some straw and leaves in behind the speaker grill...I couldn't believe what I saw so timing was perfect. There must be a reason Honda has designed this cockpit area the way they did so as to allow this stuff to collect!!!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Bama, not to worry. I use the air hose from time to time. More important watch for leaves in the front air intake behind front tyre. We had to stop and clean Hornblowers F6B intakes as I was kicking up leaves and he was vacuuming them up..

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    I am so glad I saw this posting as I've only had my F6B two weeks now and it has some straw and leaves in behind the speaker grill...I couldn't believe what I saw so timing was perfect. There must be a reason Honda has designed this cockpit area the way they did so as to allow this stuff to collect!!!

Yes, there is a good reason for collecting all those bugs, leaves and butterflies....it is called...dinner. It prevents a long distance rider from having to stop and eat. This way the LD rider can simply eat on the go.

I just lift the visor on my helmet and take in what is airborne at the time, chew and keep on biken.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!