rear rack for f6b - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rear rack for f6b

WOW !

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    Racks are now 175.00 includes powder coating and shipping in the us.
    That is a great price for such a nice rack. And it includes powder-coating...AND the shipping in the U.S. ? WOW !!!

Givi E370 Case Mounted to Hondabikepro Rear Rack

I mounted the Givi E370 Monolock Topcase to Dale's rack without having to drill any holes using just mount and hardware that came with the case. It is a very sturdy installation. Dale's rack is worth more than he charges.

I mounted an Admore Long Light Bar using the mounting bolts holding the rear of the Givi mount. The light bar is more or less shaded and is very prominent in bright sunlight. I also installed the Admore LED light kit made specifically for the Givi E370 Case. The lights are exactly like the bar in that they function as running lights, modulated brake lights and amber turn signals. The case lights are really not visible on a bright day but are very prominent at night.

I have Kury mini floorboards which allow the toe of my boot to get under the shift lever. I have an 11" Windbender HPS windshield. I also have the Hondaline LED Fog Lamps. They are not very useful for day running lights or for night illumination but are very useful as night running lights. I am going to mount another set of more noticeable LED's for day running lights.

BigRed, first, it might be easier if you just move to Washington State, given that you are adding so many accessories that are made in this state. The Rack from HondaBike Pro is made about 8 miles from my house, and the WindBender windshields are made about 10 miles from my house.

I agree that both of those items are top notch.

With you using the 11" HPS WindBender...I need to ask how tall you are, and what your inseam is? HondaBikePro has the 15" HP WindBender on his F6B, and his is also the motorized version. But I know that he is 6'3" tall, and long legs. I am changing my windshield over to a WindBender...electric version, and need to decide between the 11" or the 15". Yes, with the electric version I can make adjustments while riding, but I want the correct top shield to begin with.

Very Nice addition of those Admore lights under the new rack. Very smart.

Backrest

I like the idea of a removeable topbox and the way the givi fits to Dale's rack. You managed to use the mounting holes already in the rack and did not have to drill anything. I am looking at a similar set up, I want to have the bike without topbox when riding solo, then mount the topbox when riding with a pillion, hopefully so that it will also serve as a backrest.
    Can you tell me, if the bike did not have the Honda backrest fitted, could you mount the Givi further forward to achieve this? Would the rack need to be drilled or does the rack have other mounting holes.
    I have put a wanted add on the forum, I am looking for the rear rack mounting brackets. When I find them I can start experimenting.

Smile F6b Windbender Shield and Givi E370 Case on F6b Hondabikepro Rack

Thanks for your comments Miles and Bob the bike.

Concerning the Windbender windshield:
    I am 5' 11" with about 30" inseam. I run the 11" Windbender in the second to lowest position, about 12 inches. The breeze skims the top of my helmet which makes mild noise but allows cooling air into helmet vents. This is totally OK since I ride a lot in hot weather. Additionally, I don't run the 11" HPS any higher because it has a rolled top edge with corresponding distortion that extends about an inch into the shield. This is very distracting, not so much looking over the middle of it and occasionally thru it when traveling in a straight line, but when taking a curve you find yourself with a distorted view thru a lateral potion of the shield which is even more distorted than the center. I can see over the 11" HPS fully raised to 15" but the distorted view thru the top edge is more than I can handle. Overall I love concept of the shield and will continue to use it even if always at 12".

I have ordered the 15" Windbender ST top shield because I want to be able to look through the shield on long highway rides, especially in cold weather. The ST does not have this rolled edge and I may be able to use it all the time at it's lowest setting of 15". I also wonder if, for my particular situation, the taller non-rolled edge ST set at maximum height of 19" might have less turbulence at higher speeds.

I also have a tall Hondaline 16" shield with vent. The top edge is in my line of site which is annoying. I have to stretch or slouch to avoid the edge. That being said, I like the vent and the edge is not distorted. I may cut it down a couple of inches. The Windbender when raised to 12" is quieter than the 16" Honda shield. The air flow of the 16" Hondaline across the helmet top may be an inch or two higher than the Windbender set at 12".

Concerning mounting the Givi Monolock base further forward on Dale's rear rack for the F6b:
    I would think a hole or two would have to be drilled which would be no big deal whatsoever. It is only happenstance that I was able to mount the base exactly where I wanted it with no holes drilled.

Concerning my moving to Washington:
    I would love to live there. My wife and I have visited a couple of times and it is beautiful. We loved Olympic National Park, the Neah Bay area, and Kalaloch, where we explored the beach and spent a night overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I can picture riding the coastal highways...; however, back to reality, I am where I am.

rack

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Thanks for your comments Miles and Bob the bike.

Concerning the Windbender windshield:
    I am 5' 11" with about 30" inseam. I run the 11" Windbender in the second to lowest position, about 12 inches. The breeze skims the top of my helmet which makes mild noise but allows cooling air into helmet vents. This is totally OK since I ride a lot in hot weather. Additionally, I don't run the 11" HPS any higher because it has a rolled top edge with corresponding distortion that extends about an inch into the shield. This is very distracting, not so much looking over the middle of it and occasionally thru it when traveling in a straight line, but when taking a curve you find yourself with a distorted view thru a lateral potion of the shield which is even more distorted than the center. I can see over the 11" HPS fully raised to 15" but the distorted view thru the top edge is more than I can handle. Overall I love concept of the shield and will continue to use it even if always at 12".

I have ordered the 15" Windbender ST top shield because I want to be able to look through the shield on long highway rides, especially in cold weather. The ST does not have this rolled edge and I may be able to use it all the time at it's lowest setting of 15". I also wonder if, for my particular situation, the taller non-rolled edge ST set at maximum height of 19" might have less turbulence at higher speeds.

I also have a tall Hondaline 16" shield with vent. The top edge is in my line of site which is annoying. I have to stretch or slouch to avoid the edge. That being said, I like the vent and the edge is not distorted. I may cut it down a couple of inches. The Windbender when raised to 12" is quieter than the 16" Honda shield. The air flow of the 16" Hondaline across the helmet top may be an inch or two higher than the Windbender set at 12".

Concerning mounting the Givi Monolock base further forward on Dale's rear rack for the F6b:
    I would think a hole or two would have to be drilled which would be no big deal whatsoever. It is only happenstance that I was able to mount the base exactly where I wanted it with no holes drilled.

Concerning my moving to Washington:
    I would love to live there. My wife and I have visited a couple of times and it is beautiful. We loved Olympic National Park, the Neah Bay area, and Kalaloch, where we explored the beach and spent a night overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I can picture riding the coastal highways...; however, back to reality, I am where I am.
    if you were to more out here the rack also works as a good ground plane, just encase there is any lightning in the area!! i can also make the racks to any size you would like. dale

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    if you were to more out here the rack also works as a good ground plane, just encase there is any lightning in the area!! . dale
    Now that's funny Dale!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rear racks for f6b deluxe

rear racks are 175.00 shipped to you in the us, i can make them any size that you would like, they are powder coated texture black, you can bolt a trunk to them, they are flat, and have many easy to use slots on the edges, for straps or bungees cords. dale
    the bag i have here is bolted to the rack, makes the bag hard to steel.

Is the backrest mounted on top of rack or under it?

rear rack

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Is the backrest mounted on top of rack or under it?
    the honda back rest mounts under the rack on the deluxe model.
    dale