Importing an F6B ABS from Canada
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Importing an F6B ABS from Canada

Importing an F6B ABS from Canada

Hi Everyone,
    New to the forum and have a few newbie questions. I was disappointed that Honda did not release the 2014 F6B with ABS. I was wondering has anyone imported one from Canada ? Is this cost prohibitive ? Can you add ABS to a US bought bike.

Thanks
    Jabbasan

Don't let the lack of ABS be a deal breaker. The linked brakes work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbasan View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    New to the forum and have a few newbie questions. I was disappointed that Honda did not release the 2014 F6B with ABS. I was wondering has anyone imported one from Canada ? Is this cost prohibitive ? Can you add ABS to a US bought bike.

Thanks
    Jabbasan
    I'm sure someone here with 1st hand experience will be happy to provide their experience. In the meantime check out first steps at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/218
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbasan View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks
    Jabbasan
    I have exported several bikes from the USA to Canada, and the buyers had a lot of hoops to jump through, and costs, to make the deal go through for them. I have not imported one from Canada, but I have imported a Honda 700 Transalp from Australia.

I agree with Bobby, do not let the lack of ABS brakes stop you from buying a US version of this bike, as the combined brakes work very well. I have owned 2 previous versions of a full sized Wing, with ABS, and while I love ABS brakes...I am very happy with this F6B that does not have the ABS on it. My previous Wing, a 2006 model also dd not have ABS, and I got used to that.

Adding ABS brakes to this bike WOULD be cost prohibitive. Don't even think about doing that.

As said on other posts, ABS brakes should not be a deal breaker on this great bike...Honda's linked braking system works as good as any other one out there IMHO...I have owned or ridden BMW, Harley, Victory, GW, etc. some with ABS others without and never noticed any real differences for my style riding..Been riding for over 50 years and I personally would not pay extra for ABS brakes on a bike..I know some will dis-agree and that is okay, but I am able to stop just fine with the linked-brakes on my F6B.....

I'd go so far as to say that a rider with an average level of competence and confidence might be in better control of their bike equipped with the F6B linked brakes than he/ she might be if unfamiliar with how a bike with ABS handles in a panic situation. If I had the option to choose, I would pick the linked braking system over the ABS. Honda's version of linked brakes on the F6B is amazing.

"Front dual 296 mm discs with triple-piston calipers; rear 316 mm disc with triple-piston caliper. Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS"

It looks like the Canadian version has both ABS and linked brakes.

Why does Canada get the goodies and the US does not ???

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/touring/g...specifications

Why does Canada get the goodies and the US does not ???
    It's probably the law up there.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I think the OP's question could easily be answered if he added just a little bit more info.

Jabbasan, how much extra $$$$ would you be willing to pay to see this through?

$100?

$500?

$1,000?

$2,000?

$5,000?

More????

The question becomes a moot point if it obviously 'ain't gonna happen' for the amount of $$$ you feel you'd pay to do all this, so,,, what's it worth TO YOU?

IMHO, if ABS was available as an added-cost option, I'd go without ABS.

I've had both linked and un-linked before as well and either one is fine with me.

Its all down to money I guess but if import is an issue just buy an F6B and an Airbag Wing strip the F6 down to frame, wheels and engine then strip all the electrics and ABS etc etc off the wing onto the F6B then rebuild the wing as a standard bike and sell it again

That way you will end up with an F6B with navigation and everything
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake