Importing an F6B ABS from Canada - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Importing an F6B ABS from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Until your ABS pump needs to be replaced. IMO less is always more.

Mike, when have you ever heard of an ABS pump failing on a Goldwing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mike, when have you ever heard of an ABS pump failing on a Goldwing ?
    I haven't. I am not even sure they have an ABS pump. I bought the F6B beacuse the Goldwing Platform is rock solid and reliable. That being said my point was the more bells and whistles the more potential for problems. I also really like the linked (non-ABS) brakes. I do finally accept fuel injection now as superior to carbs so there is hope for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Until your ABS pump needs to be replaced. IMO less is always more.
    Less safety is better than more safety?
    Warranty will take care of any issues on the bike. I never keep a bike more than 3 years anyway so not an issue for me.
    Honda definitely made a mistake not making ABS at least available in the USA. It's a proven fact that bikes with ABS are safer regardless of the riders skill and ability. Every bike running in Moto GP has ABS and I would have to say those guys are a bit more skilled than the average rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Less safety is better than more safety?
    Warranty will take care of any issues on the bike. I never keep a bike more than 3 years anyway so not an issue for me.
    Honda definitely made a mistake not making ABS at least available in the USA. It's a proven fact that bikes with ABS are safer regardless of the riders skill and ability. Every bike running in Moto GP has ABS and I would have to say those guys are a bit more skilled than the average rider.
    No arguement from me with ABS, it works great, but it doesn't bother me in the least the F6B does not have it.

I also would like ABS to be available but Honda does what they want so I will buy something else with ABS.