This is a long way down the road, but at some point I'd like to upgrade the B's suspension. When I do so, rather than just swapping in tapered bearings, I was considering changing the whole triple tree to one with more rake. I emailed a fabricator who specializes in these for the sake of trike conversions. He said that they don't recommend increasing "just" the rake of the triple tree because it can cause instability at high speeds. I have to take him at his word for now because I don't understand the physics of this, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here to see if anyone can fill in a few blanks.

Now, I'm not tryng to turn the B into a chopper or anything ludicrous. But I owned a 99 Valkyrie and I really liked the way that bike felt. It had 32 degrees of rake and 6 inches of trail. The B has 29 degrees of rake and 4.5 inches of trail. Does anyone here have any experience with a change of this kind? It seems, to me, that this isn't a significant enough change by itself to cause worrisome stability issues, especially considering my style of riding. I don't really push the envelope or try to beat track records, or even push it very much in the twisties. I like to do that once in a blue moon just because the bike is capable, but I'm MUCH more interested in cruising around and enjoying the scenery.

I know what rake and trail look like, and how the numbers are derived, but I know very little about their applied physics, or suspensions in general, so I would appreciate ANY input any of you might have. Thanks for your time.

Jason