Michelin Commander 2 tires

Thread: Michelin Commander 2 tires

Michelin Commander 2 tires

Has anyone tried Michelin Commander 2 tires on the B? What I’ve seen on YouTube they look to be a good set. I currently have Dunlap elite 4 and will be needing tires soon.

For me it was a toss up between the Commander 2's and Avons. I went with Avons this time but will probably try the Michelins for the next set.

Got one on rear 12k miles 80-90% gone grabs great on dry warm road, spins easy when wet and do not like it in rain

I have Michelin's (forget which ones) on my V-Strom, after 3-4 thousand miles they're cupping something awful. I stay on top of air pressure, it's not that.
    I have AVON's on my "B" w/ 3 thousand, they're doing great. Check the AVON USA site, they have a tire just for the GW, make sure you use the AVON P/N when you order. Got my AVON's from Dennis Kirk delivered for $303.00 for F&R. Understand DK's price has dropped a bit since then. 1oz of beads in the front, 2oz of bread in the rear, smooth as silk over 100 mph. DK has the beads & 90 degree stems if you need them, also get beads off ebay..

Olegoat, how do the AVON’s do in the rain? Here in the PNW we call it “liquid sunshine”.

I prefer the Avon's also. I'm sure they do not last as long as E-4s or the Michelin but they do preform well and cost less. I have heard so many stories of both E-4 and Michelin not haveing good wet weather traction.

I have tried Commander 2 on several bikes that I have owned. Never saw any improvement over stock. Use BT45 on the front of the F6B now... Never a slip or slide, 18k miles so far. True it is a rear sport bike tire, but many GW bikes use this tire on their Wing. I just paid $114. shipped to my house for my new one to be installed.

I just came off the Michelin site. Says they don't make a tire for the B.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original