A topic for conversation.

Thread: A topic for conversation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some guys here may remember RJ on the VRCC Board. RJ was a retired CHP Motorcycle officer. He always advocated for the idea of a flap on the front to cut down on rear flats for the very reason you mentioned. He said that the CHP put mudflaps on their motorcycles for that very reason and after over a million miles on bikes, he strongly believed the theory of the front kicking up the debris and the flap keeping it from getting into the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Some guys here may remember RJ on the VRCC Board. RJ was a retired CHP Motorcycle officer. He always advocated for the idea of a flap on the front to cut down on rear flats for the very reason you mentioned. He said that the CHP put mudflaps on their motorcycles for that very reason and after over a million miles on bikes, he strongly believed the theory of the front kicking up the debris and the flap keeping it from getting into the rear.
    I have to agree with old RJ, in my conversations with him he and I spoke about this very thing years ago.
    It seemed to work on my two Valkyries for 300k miles. only had two flats in all those miles. Yes one in front because of
    a defective valve stem.